73 dual horns

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by bodymanbill, Feb 6, 2018.

1. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg anyone have a good pic of how the horns would mount on my 73 Lt Z, I think one of them may be incorrect . Both horn brackets are threaded where they mount and im thinking one should just have a bigger hole with no threads because the passenger side has threads in the center support. The #s on the horns are basically unreadable

2. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    well .... added in 12/72
    rsfromtend.jpg

3. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
  4. bodymanbill

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    Thanks Two Zs, its a little blurry on my phone but it looks like the left one mounts from the front and not on the center support.

5. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
  6. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    .. that's what it seems . have i ever seen one there , no . the stupid photobucket crap , i cant get a good pict .

7. bodymanbill

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    My car has the factory wiring for the dual horns, someone cut the end on one side ,i had to repair but it was all original were it runs inside the rad support. Would they all of had the same harness?

8. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    I have wiring for one ( green wire ) and one gromet coming through the radiator support . I take a better look tomorrow for another green or the holes for the second horn on the support. As far as the harness , i couldn’t make more than an assumption at this point .

bodymanbill likes this.
  9. INSPECTOR57

INSPECTOR57 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

On page 121 of the GM Heritage pdf that twoz posted a link to it shows an option for dual horns (UO5). FWIW my 73 LT only has wiring for one horn - can't say I've ever seen a 73 with dual horns. I do agree that one of the horns you have pictured is incorrect based on the AIM diagram.

Gary

bodymanbill likes this.
  10. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Bill, I found one horn, but it's not right. I'll look again when I have time. You are more than welcome to come dig through the stuff. Pretty sure I found bolts for ya.

bodymanbill likes this.