73 Base Camaro going to 2006 LS2 4L65E

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by mrfleet12, Aug 20, 2017.

1. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

Thought I'd throw another update out here and provide some input on the Fitech Ultimate LS.. I'm running the Fitech LS setup with the trans controller and the stock LS intake, have about 3,000 miles on it since getting it on the road this summer. For the most part, the system fired right up and has very little issues.. At some point I'd like to get it tuned professionally but for now, it runs great..
    If you're considering an LS swap and are new to working with EFI, I'd recommend Fitech..
    Cheers

2. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nice car!! Fun read, keep us posted!!

mrfleet12 likes this.
  3. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

Thanks

4. GDSmith

GDSmith Member

Hello mrfleet, I read your entire post and live near you, would you be able to come over and provide some input on a few wiring issues I am currently working to resolve?

5. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

Was looking at some old pics while hibernating from the record breaking cold over the last few days, came across the pics of my Camaro from the PO when he had it painted.. Seeing these pics is what drove me to spend a little more to buy this car, other than one small patch on the right side between the door and the rear tire, and the somewhat botched job on the holes for the rear spoiler, it's pretty solid and straight. Floors on the car have zero rust issues and still have the original primer.
    Now I just need this cold weather to go away so I can get it back out and on the road.

Added new Hotchkis springs to the back when it was a little warmer out this winter, planning to complete the AC install this spring, clean up the interior and remove the red stripes on the fenders and the large stripe going up the rear panel. I prefer a more stock look, may have stock stripes added by a local guy that does vinyl..

BKOY5516.jpg IMG_1750.JPG IMG_1751.JPG IMG_1751.JPG IMG_1752.JPG IMG_1754.JPG

71RSLS likes this.
  6. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks like you have a really nice foundation that you are building on!!

mrfleet12 likes this.
  7. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

The bare metal shows it to be pretty nice. I looked into having vinyl put on mine locally and they quoted me $350 minimum so I got a stencil kit and I'm going to give it a whirl my self.

mrfleet12 likes this.
  8. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

Replaced the rear springs over the winter, was a bit too cold in the garage to do much else.. These are Hotchkis 1 1/2" lowering springs, sits about 1/2" higher in the rear center of wheel to wheel opening lip.. Simple install but rides much nicer than the Summit springs that were in it when I bought the car..
    Picked up a 70 to 72 console and shifter from a site member (Dichard) when I was in AZ in November, planning to install that with new carpet and insulation this spring along with finishing the Vintage Air install..
    Winter was kind of a bear this year.

New Springs.jpg Springs 1.jpg springs 2.jpg

9. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

Spring is finally starting to show up in northern IL... Been able to put about 500 mile on over the last month or so, the Fitech system is working great, still pretty trouble free (knocking on wood:). I'm a big block guy for sure, but, these LS engines can be pretty fun to drive..
    Getting the underhood side of the Vintage Air install completed, from there it's door glass and freshen up the interior, then enjoy the car season..
    Vintage Air.jpg

roadrace2, 71RSLS and xten like this.
  10. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

That's great to hear you're putting miles on it. I'm trying to get mine fired off before June. I want to drive it this year. haha

mrfleet12 likes this.