72 project roller in San Diego (Alpine)

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by alpinemetal, Feb 8, 2018.

1. alpinemetal

alpinemetal Member

Jul 5, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    I picked up 72 roller with the intent of building it but ended up going in another direction.
    Like most 45 year old Camaro's rust got to this one at bit. I have the car currently on a rotisserie replacing floor sections (trunk is good) and some patch panels (I'm a sheet metal mechanic/welder). I've got a rear end and subframe from a 77 and the original 72 subframe that was stripped for powder coating, I have the sheet metal, glass, lights, split bumper, along with most everything to put it back together...with all the metal work done I'd like to get 3500.

2. stardog

stardog Veteran Member

Apr 14, 2002
    Boise, Idaho, USA
    Can you post pictures of what you got and what comes with the car? I thought southern california cars did not have rust issues.

itduz11s likes this.
  3. alpinemetal

alpinemetal Member

Jul 5, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Yea me too until I got onto this project. It's upside down right now as I'm still working on on it. I've go all the sheet metal bumpers (split,) new 71 grill, rear seats (need upholstery but good foam), front seats frames, (new ones are cheap I'd go in that direction) gauges, tilt wheel...both sub-frames as noted.
    Jerry
    cell - 619-977-8802

4. stardog

stardog Veteran Member

Apr 14, 2002
    Boise, Idaho, USA
    Do the later model subframes fit exactly like the 1972 one?

5. alpinemetal

alpinemetal Member

Jul 5, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Yes but the aft body mount hole has to be relocated a couple inches...all good with the subframe connectors I'd be including.

dbaldwin likes this.
  6. alpinemetal

alpinemetal Member

Jul 5, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Stardog...I'm including the original subframe stripped and ready for powder coating

7. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Member

Dec 29, 2017
    Fullerton, CA
    I'm interested, and just north of you in O.C. If you could post some pix, especially of the repairs, that would be helpful.

8. MEAN_SBC

MEAN_SBC Veteran Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Amarillo TX USA
    Have any pics yet?