71 camaro

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by lovemesomcamaro, Feb 16, 2019.

1. lovemesomcamaro

lovemesomcamaro New Member

Hey Everyone,

My name is Kyle and im 22 years ago. I have been on this site for a few years watching project progress and looking for parts and tips while restoring my 1980 camaro back in high school. Now that car is finished up( minus an actual paint job, its sitting in matte black), and i just graduated college so i figured it was time for a graduation gift. I always loved 70-73 camaros and started looking for one. 3 months go by and i see an add for an 1971 about 45 mins from me i went and got it. Here's some pictures of the car. It is pretty clean rust wise, and i have only found 1 very tiny spot in the floor board i need to replace. Enjoy some pictures!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  2. lovemesomcamaro

Some pictures when i looked at the car:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Finally bought the car the home about 2 weeks later:

[​IMG]

Got most of the interior out:
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of my 80!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    mrfleet12 and 71RSLS like this.
  3. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks kuel, and should be a fun project, just don't tear it into pieces, fix the parts that need it a drive it, and have fun. And is that foam in the dash?

4. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

And I have a 70 or 71 , think its a 70 AC dash pad , that looks better , to me , based on your pictures then the one you have , and it's blue as well, as a matter of fact, I have a complete blue interior, I went to black, HAA HA , so maybe we should talk, I need all of it gone anyway, HAA HA

5. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Is that actually a Michigan car? Pretty amazing shape for a car in the heart of the snow/salt/rust belt. Looks like a really good start for a project. Keep us posted.

6. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks like a great project. I always love seeing another 71 being brought back to life!

7. Chuck71RS

Chuck71RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

So you decided to continue your Camaro insanity by taking on another Camaro project. Good for you. You are in good company here.

Your new challenge seems to be in amazing condition given your location but there could be problems below the surface. I think I am detecting rust bubbling on the lower area of the driver fender.

8. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

Very nice Camaro you picked up there. It really does look to be in really nice shape. How far do plan to go on this one?

9. lovemesomcamaro

Yeah, the guy i bought it from purchased the car from a storage unit auction and he only had it for about two weeks before he sold it to me. But yeah, all the interior pieces had foam on them and then wrapped in a blue vinyl. Kinda of a good thing, because all the plastic pieces are in pretty nice condition, lol

10. lovemesomcamaro

Looks like the car was in Oklahoma from the looks of a registration sticker on the windshield, not sure how along it came to Michigan though. Thats why I picked up the car though, it is very solid!