70ZLT1 Detail

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Burd, Sep 15, 2017.

1. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    Not sure if it was ever mentioned if this car is a LA or Norwood built car? If it's a Norwood Z28 and depending on when it was produced it will have Z28 or .28 on the cowl tag. If LA, cowl tag won't tell you anything but exterior & interior color/trim.

Like Steve mentioned above.. Norwood plant did not put build sheets on the gas tank, only LA did that. If you happen to find anything at all it would be a broadcast sheet and likely under the carpet. About a 1 in 1000 chance of finding one!

On the windshield eyebrows, Nobody reproduces them. Need to find nice originals which are very difficult to find! I wish somebody would reproduce them because one of my originals has a broken corner.

Properly dated bumper jack parts are pretty difficult to find but if if you don't care about dates or which version that will make it much easier.

In you picture posted in post #19, it appears to be a 'Standard' interior car. If so you would NOT have the Woodgrain shifter bezel, that was only used on 'Deluxe' interior cars.
    Also, Standard interior cars did NOT come with a trunk mat, only Deluxe interior did.

The 'Parts Place Inc' makes a reproduction reverse lockout rod kit if you're looking for one. P/N MT10690F https://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  2. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    Wow. A lot of info. Thanks to all that posted. It's a Norwood car. The eyebrows are gone on his car, I was wondering if they even used them , but my Bud Norwood said they did. Do repro S the funks clip for the sear track, I bought a set off him, are the Brows the same on a Firebird?

3. Burd

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    He had he carpet out, nothing was found, actually found a Green vinyl PC on the rear hump under the carpet. Lol
    Not sure what years got that, my 78 didn't have that.
    The rim as a spare, is it a reg steel wheel or a rally? Also, what kingpd of tire? I really should let him decipher his own car, but he won't, and my car never needed anything, so it's actually fun spending someone's money. Lol

4. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    The spare tire & rim will be identical to the 4 on the car, just minus the center cap and trim ring.

1970 Camaro's used vinyl on the hump between the rear seats. I believe late 70 production switched to carpet between the seats, by 71 for sure.

5. 74Z28GC3

74Z28GC3 Veteran Member

Sep 1, 2000
    North Pole, Alaska
    Scott, The vinyl hump cover was used up to 74 Camaro and Z28's. In 1975 to 1981 is when they started using carpet on the middle hump area. My 74 Z28 had the vinyl middle hump when I purchased it in May 1975.
    George

6. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

My Original "survivor" 73 R/S LT had the Vinyl "Hump Cover" in back seat floor area....

And YES I still sell the reproduction hump cover in whatever color to match your
    seat covers

Picture below is from 24K mile 74 Z28 survivor on EBAY several years ago
    showing Red Vinyl Hump Cover

CAMARO51.jpeg

7. 74BIBELOT

74BIBELOT Veteran Member

Mine is green(1974):

8. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    73 779 neutral vinyl with 75F red accent twist loop carpet . interior_zpsf58b3588.jpg

9. Burd

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    Nice. Thanks again for the info. The vinyl just looked strange to me, lol
    He's going to be happy on looking for a 5th rally wheel.
    I haven't seen the Z in a few years, he's building a place on a lake up north and we just don't hang out anymore, he has traction bars on it too, I found him the sway bar set up so I think we're good there.