'70 Z28 Value

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Kurtz, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Kurtz

Kurtz Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 17, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Hello All,

I've been working on buying a Canadian '70 RS/Z28 (GM Canada documented) Car is a 68K mile car Citrus green 720 deluxe interior, 4-speed, PS, PB, 4.10 rear, am radio and tinted glass. Interior is very good (one small tear in drivers seat. sheet metal almost perfect with the exception of small surface rust, trunk floor has small surface rust too. The problem is looking at the car it has a replacement block.

Transmission, and rear end are correct however. Missing smog and correct air cleaner assy.

My question what does this do to the value of the car now and for the future if it was sold?

The guy wants about $ 20 K USD.
    Is it worth it?
    Thank you for the help and advise.

Kurtz

2. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

With out seeing detailed pics, I can only speculate......but at todays 70 Z-28 pricing
    20K would be an OK buy. Is replacement block a CE dealer/factory replacement or just a different NOM CTB engine......I would think a CE with dealer paperwork would be the more valuble alternative....

------------------
    Chuck Sharin
    Seattle(area)
    70 Camaro's
    69 COPO "Recreation"

3. Kurtz

Kurtz Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 17, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Hello Chuck,

Thanks for the reply, engine block is casting 14016379 which I have since learned was used in production (1977-1979) and also as a service item. The rest of the engine, heads, intake/exhaust manifolds are correct etc. Engine is missing smog equipment and correct air cleaner.

I'm trying to find out fronm the owner about how the engine was replaced.

I'll be in touch.

Kurtz