70 RS NOS Parts, WORTH IT?

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by MGB z28, Jan 15, 2017.

1. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2010
    erie, PA
    I don't think its as much where the metal comes from rather the skill of the body man

NOS parts are rarely worth the $$$

CasperCasper likes this.
  2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    That's another that's been for sale at least a year

3. badazz81z28

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV

Fitment is one thing, but body work for a perfect fit is another. No doubt to get a perfect product requires work and can be done, but something can be said about the difference between OEM and reproduction that I have experienced first hand. Check out my thread on the AMD header panel that looked great however dimensionally shorter from one end to another. A body man would have had to add metal and work it.

My driver side fender, I can't even install all the bolts for the head light bucket because the 2 o'clock hole in the fender is slightly off. The other side with GM metal, perfect

4. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2015
    All Goodmark stuff

5. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

70'Camaro.RS.LowerValance.NOS.b.jpg unnamed.jpg Took this picture of my NOS R/S lower valance...NOT large font as you show
    in above pics. I dont know if my different sized font sticker proves
    anything. Lot of extra parts were mfg.....different printers, different font, different
    warehouses.....................

70'Camaro.RS.LowerValance.NOS.b.jpg

6. badazz81z28

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    I did a lot of looking today as well and all the GM stickers appear to be a greenish tint however the OPs look much more blue. Man it's hard to say. Personally unless the metal had obvious signs of authenticity I would skip this sale

7. Crazy4camaro

Crazy4camaro Veteran Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Greenville SC
    If its the repops the top valance wont fit the nose on the drivers side. Top right corner facing the nose,