-70 Camaro side mirrors?

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by BeerBringer, Apr 7, 2013.

1. BeerBringer

BeerBringer New Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Sweden
    I have a -70 Camaro with a LH side mirror. I would like to add a mirror on the RH side as well. When I Google all I find is square mirrors and bullet-style.

Problem is my car has a round mirror and preferaby I would like one that matches it.

Did the 70 Camaro ever come with round mirrors or has mine been replaced?
    Anyone know where I can find a matching mirror?

I dont't have any better picture atm. but I'll guess it's better than nothing.
    [​IMG]

2. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    D35 sport bullet body colored mirrors were an option. If you didn't order D35then you got the std chrome mirror which was NOT ROUND.

I have one for sale but it's used on a 1st Gen, Chevelle and Chevy. There are round mirrors on Ebay.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

From Google
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  3. If you want the chrome round one you just have to look for one from a 1st gen like a 67 camaro. Many of the repro vendors sell them new for $35.

4. Bamaro

Bamaro Veteran Member

Dec 24, 2004
    Jacksonville, Md
    The 70 never had round chrome mirrors and I believe the passenger rectangular chrome was only a dealer installed option. Have you considered buying 2 chrome rectangular mirrors? They should look like this

[​IMG]

5. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    COPO has it right - standard mirror for '70 was the chrome rectangular mirror, driver's side only.

I agree with Chris71RS, a '67 mirror would be your best bet to find another round chrome door mirror.

6. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

Mulsanne Blue R/S 70' Z above belongs to Richard Boothby from Cherokee, Iowa. Richard was awarded with the LEGENDS award at a previous (Carlisle,PA) Camaro Nationals some years back.

7. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    That SOB car is very nice.

8. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 16, 2007
    ( . Y . )Delco
    If you add a mirror to the passenger side,you should add a reinforcement piece under the skin,cause the factory didnt,if it wasnt ordered that way.Just screwing it in will loosen up in time.
    [​IMG]

9. White81Z

White81Z Veteran Member

Nov 17, 2004
    NY
    I have two 1970 mirrors that are NOS in the box. The box says right hand but if you look at the mirrors they will work on either side. One mirror is dated 4-DMI-0 and the other is 5-DMI-0. I'd be interesting in selling them if someone needs them. No longer have a 1970 project. Neither have the mounting bracket for some reason.

Rick H.

10. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

Feb 16, 2012
    California
    How did these mirrors install? Same as the bullet type? Same holes?