70 camaro a arm questions

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Cable Slacker, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Cable Slacker

Cable Slacker Veteran Member

Jan 30, 2004
    NC
    Why go with tubular a arms??? Getting ready to replace my coil springs thinking about replacing my a arms. rebuilt the front end 20 years ago and 5k miles. She sat for a while

2. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    Tubular upper a-arm will allow for more caster adjustment. This is helpful if you plan on doing some quick turning. Tubular lowers don't really do anything in the geometry department, just aesthetics and maybe a little weight savings. If you go with a coil over setup, then tubular lowers made for that application are the way to go. Just stay away from poly bushing on the a-arms.

3. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    I think it depends on the manufacturer - some advertise geometry changes with the lowers as well.

4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    It does depend on the brand as many do offer more alignment adjustability and even already built in improve geometry. Tubular arms are also stronger and better appealing to the eye. Unless youre building a car that's performance focused, I would stick with rebuilt stock arms.