70-73 Std. Header Panel w/ RS Parking Lights Grafted In

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by Camarolina, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Camarolina

Camarolina Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Unionville, NC
    Ok. Check it out. Tonight I bought some 2nd Gen parts off Craigslist.
    The guy said he had a RS header panel and I was interested.

Went over to this guys house. Right away the header panel looked weird. I flipped it over and my head exploded. I couldn't believe it. It has the Rally Sport round parking lights grafted into this std. header panel! I think its cool.

I'm wondering if this is a wanted item. I think its a Frankenstein Unicorn. I have never seen, heard or read about one of these. With the exception of a member on here. I think it was venom73 and I thought his car was BA.

It does have a crack between the driver side parking light and headlight. Not bad though. I don't know what to do with it now. I have a std. nose so this would fit on my '72 Camaro.

Pictured next to std. panel.
    What do you think its worth?

70-73 Std. Header Panels - Std. & RS Lights Graft (1).JPG 70-73 Std. Header Panels - Std. & RS Lights Graft (2).JPG 70-73 Std. Header Panels - Std. & RS Lights Graft (3).JPG 70-73 Std. Header Panels - Std. & RS Lights Graft (4).JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    If done right, I wouldn't mine putting it on my car. I like it...I would still keep the full bumper...What is all the goop? Couple hundred dollars IMHO for the unmodified...The RS franky....I don't know..It looks like shotty work. Is it?

3. Camarolina

Jun 12, 2009
    Unionville, NC
    Probably not high quality. It does have filler front and back. That's the goop on the back.
    Grafting it in you would need filler to smooth it out. There is a small dip around the lip of the parking light driver side.
    The filler could be reworked where needed. The parking light buckets seem straight and positioned right. I like it.
    I don't know BA81z28. I don't think this is up to your high standards. Heck I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with it yet.
    Does anyone have a picture of venom73's Camaro? I think that's the guy who had the dual parking lights.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

4. djorgensen3

djorgensen3 Veteran Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Peoria, Az
    Get rid of the tabs and you could use it as your air intakes. Add screen over the opening to disguise it some. That is what I plan on doing to mine if I ever get to that point.

5. Camarolina

Jun 12, 2009
    Unionville, NC
    Ummm. That's an interesting idea.

6. 80's AL

80's AL New Member

Sep 23, 2017
    I was thinking about doing this, and running a set of auxiliary driving lights in those holes while retaining the marker lights below the bumper....retaining full bumper of course!!

brooksman9 likes this.