69 dz vin help

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by coryb, Oct 1, 2016.

1. coryb

coryb New Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Hey everyone I started working on my dads 1969 Camaro with a 302 4speed. He always said it is the original engine in the car but I want to be 100% sure. Everyone told me to check the pad on the passenger side deck above the water pump and it wasn't their it had the engine code
    V0418DZ(already decoded it). Then someone told me to check above the oil filter and it wasn't their. Then was told to look above starter and still not their. Has anyone found the vin number anywhere else?
    Thanks in advance CoryB

2. vfitom2aol.com

vfitom2aol.com Veteran Member

Mar 2, 2000
    NE PA
    If its not on the smooth pad by the DZ code, then its on the rough/porous vertical pad by the oil filter. Its hard to read because its not a smooth pad. It runs from top to bottom, vertically. Its there. You gotta look hard. Someone hopefully will post a pad of the area to look at. you are probably looking in the wrong area. Its only stamped in 1 of these 2 areas.

3. vfitom2aol.com

vfitom2aol.com Veteran Member

Mar 2, 2000
    NE PA
    By the way, I had a 69 Z and it was also 0418. What is the color of the exterior and interior (as per the trim tag)? Thanks

4. coryb

coryb New Member

Oct 1, 2016
    V0416DZ I tryed to rember it I just check it's a 16 not a 18

5. coryb

coryb New Member

Oct 1, 2016
    The outside is light green and inside is black

6. coryb

coryb New Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Found it the block must have been repainted it is extremely hard to see but I made out the last 5 of the vin in it. Original 302 for the car