5th Annual NY Regional NastyZ28 BBQ - July 9, 2011

Discussion in 'New York Regional' started by 79BlueSC, Jun 14, 2011.

1. 79BlueSC

79BlueSC Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 20, 2002
    Nyack, NY
    So the weather is warming up, classic cars are cruising around and the board is beginning to slow down...all of this means it must be time for ... The 5th Annual NastyZ28 BBQ!

The plan is to do the BBQ the same way as last year gearing it towards the entire family. We will have it at James Baird State Park again right off of the Taconic and we will have it in the same spot in the park as the past two years. (Those who did not attend pm me and I can give you directions there or maybe you can meet up with some other people and cruise there together). There is a playground for the kids to play on, multiple picnic tables (that we can push together) multiple BBQ's (that we will use) and big open areas for the family to play.

This is open to all members that feel they would like to make the trip either in Eastern PA, Northern NJ, upstate NY, Long Island and NYC guys, as well as Western CT. Its really not a far drive from those areas so lets see what we can get! Invite anyone you know that has an F-Body and just come have a nice BBQ in the park.

What we have done in the past is each person volunteers to bring an item or some items that would go well with BBQ that way the cost is divided equally. Please post up if you are coming, approximately how many people will be coming with you and what you would like to bring. Also, beer is allowed in the park but will be a bring your own situation.

[​IMG]

Date: Saturday July 9, 2011
    Rain Date: Sunday July 10, 2011

Place: James Baird State Park

Time: 12:00 Noon

Members - Number of People (Items being brought)

79BlueSC (No Camaro :( ) - 2 (Charcoal; Water & Soda)
    XxWickedz28xX - 4 (Burgers/Buns)
    Enftex - 2 ( ? )
    bitchin'71SS - 1? ( Beer & Plastic Utensils)
    SpeedAddict02 - 4? ( ? )
    Luvmycamaros - 3 (Chips & Soda)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
  2. MR. FBDY

MR. FBDY Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 30, 2001
    hudson, NY
    I should be able to make it. Sign me up for 2 with our usual saus/pepper combo.

If my daughter don't work that day, maybe I will let her drive the convertible and I will add 2 more.

3. mcrrt

mcrrt Veteran Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Orange County,New York
    I might be able to go, but will have to leave early. So it will be pictures and run.

4. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 22, 2001
    Carmel, NY
    Im in. Bringing the fam (4).

Put me down for burgers and burger buns.

5. 79BlueSC

79BlueSC Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 20, 2002
    Nyack, NY
    So far this is looking weak!!! Where the hell is everyone!

6. Enftex

Enftex Member

Jun 12, 2004
    West Springfield, Ma
    I will be attending. it also looks like i have another friend coming down with his Camaro also

7. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I'm in barring baseball interference.

8. bitchin'71SS

bitchin'71SS Veteran Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    I'll be there, bringing beer. Let me know if I should bring anything else, last year I brought plastic forks too.

9. Phil G.

Phil G. Member

Sep 14, 2007
    New York City
    Hey Eric and guys long time no post. Just wanted to chime in. The good news for you guys is that you will be able to do Firebird-free pictures this year. July 9th is the date of the all firechicken show in Saratoga. Have a great time and there is always next year.

10. SpeedAddict02

SpeedAddict02 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 31, 2002
    Wallkill, N.Y.
    I don't get weekends off, but I am going to see if I can put in for the day. I won't know till the end of next week though.. If I can get off, then I will bring the fam.. (4 total) but unfortunately, I have no 2nd gen to show off.. lol