5gen 2012 Camaro center console in my 1970

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Tpichevy, Feb 25, 2017.

1. hot72rod

hot72rod Veteran Member Gold Member

I tried to get in touch with the company that made the insert, but never did hear back from them and I never did follow up.

2. SS Performance

SS Performance Veteran Member

Nov 17, 2016
  3. hot72rod

hot72rod Veteran Member Gold Member

I don't even remember the name. It was about this time last year when I was looking.

4. NOLAZACK

NOLAZACK Veteran Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Bump this. Im looking at adding this as well. Any info on this usage of the Horshoe shifter with a 2010-present center console is greatly appreciated!!!!

5. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    Here is the photo I posted early in this tread (deleted thanks to photobucket) of the horse shoe shifter. The only thing I was able to find is that it may have been made by Tommy Pike Customs. Not sure if this helps anyone.

image.jpeg

6. SS Performance

SS Performance Veteran Member

Nov 17, 2016
    I like the one in Smokeatr23's post better.

7. buildinmy73

buildinmy73 Veteran Member

Oct 20, 2007
    Bernardston, MA
    Any ideas what to do with the ebrake hole if not using the pull handle and using my stock footbebrake ?

8. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Deer Park, TX
    Some have made a leather pouch and put there for a pocket.

9. CaliCamaro75

CaliCamaro75 Veteran Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Winchester,CA
    I was thinking of molding something out of abs plastic. For like a cell or something

10. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

Oct 31, 2004
    Arkansas
    I looked at that in the pics, if I end up getting the console I was going to take that piece that pops out around the opening. St etch a piece of felt or grill cloth around it, apply some fiberglass resin. Let it harden, then smooth with filler and prime. Either texture or paint it with some sem landau black at same time I did the console to match my interior.

Essentially making a blank plate to fit in there

abs plastic would work, but you would have to try and shape it and cut to fit. By using the piece that pops out your getting the exact shape and something that will clip back in place.

console1.jpg