50th anniversary of Camaro in Iran

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by yasin-78, Nov 10, 2016.

1. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2012
    E'ville, IL
    Wow, I'm amazed. You guys have kept those cars thru a revolution, our hostage crisis, a war with your next door neighbor, a war between us and your next door neighbor, trade sanctions, the list goes on and on. And somehow these American cars survived. I would love to hear the stories behind them. I'm sure a lot of owners got a hard time about even owning them. Got any cool stories?

2. yasin-78

yasin-78 Veteran Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Iran
    Yeah
    Yeah of course, behind all of them are lots of story. We have many problem to buy parts for cars. Some parts are made in Iran but for restoration or services, we need original parts and it is so hard and expensive to buy from USA but we love american cars and do the hard jobs :)

3. yasin-78

yasin-78 Veteran Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Iran
  4. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2012
    E'ville, IL
    I wish I could help you out, but with the trade sanctions in place, I don't think its possible. I wish we could all just get over this "my religion vs. your religion" thing. I know a couple of guys who came over here from Iran in the 70's, and they are great friends. The extremists have ruined a lot of stuff for the regular guy, on both sides of the world.

yasin-78 likes this.