4rth Gen Seats in 2nd Gen- Bracket Pictures please

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Radio Joe, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Radio Joe

Radio Joe New Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Hi Everyone- New Guy here. I didnt see if we were supposed to make an introduction so: Im Joe, Live in South Carolina and just got a 1981 Camaro that I am trying to get back on the road.

The car came with some racing seats half-a$$ isntalled so pulled them out and bought a decent set of 4rth Gen Firebird seats that I want to install. The racing seats were only half bolted in but used an aftermarket floor mount that I THOUGHT I could reuse. Turns out they were only half bolted in because they are crappy and not square/ holes dont line up. So I thought maybe I will just try to adapt the 4rth Gen tracks.

Because Photobucket screwed everyone in the world, All the pictures people posted for "How To" articles are now gone. So Can anyone post/Send pictures or templates for brackets they have made to bolt 4rth Gen seats (with manual tracks) into a late 2nd Gen Camaro/Firebird? I would really appreciate it!! If not, I will go to plan B- trial and error. :lush:

2. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    Haven't done that but welcome.

3. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    I think you answered your own question. Trial and Error. Drinking a few brewskies to get inspiration. Maybe you can show us how to do it.

4. sandiego74

sandiego74 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 23, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    I literally welded the 2nd gen brackets to the bottom of the 4th gen brackets and they fit just fine. A little snug, and the driver's seat sit's higher than the passenger seat, but fine.