427 Torque Monster

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by CNC BLOCKS, Mar 4, 2018.

1. CNC BLOCKS

CNC BLOCKS Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2004
    NORTHEAST
    Spent some time on the dyno yesterday on a SBC 427 build for a good friend of mine. He wanted a SBC with BBC torque down low for his street build. This engine laid out some impressive numbers.

Was a very efficient engine only required 32 degrees of timing it did not like 34 degrees and it did not like 30 degrees.

This is what I came out with and it was no budget build LOL.

This is also on my F/B page with a lot of pics of the build https://www.facebook.com/cncblocks.northeast/posts/856106251235885?pnref=story

This will be the only one of these I will build I can take it off my bucket list as I have wanted to this build for a long time and it came out as planned.

Dart SHP block 3.875 stroke X 4.185 bore sonic tested 3 blocks and this one was the best one
    Callies Comstar crank

Scat I beam rods 6.0

Custom Wiseco dished pistons.

Ultradyne HYD roller on a GM step nose core I used the GM spider and GM roller lifters reduced the base circle to 1.050 Lifters were quiet block need no oiling modification LOL

AFR 210 heads 75 CC chambers

Eddy Air Gap intake

750 Quick fuel carb, Wanted to go to a bigger High speed air bleed but the customer said leave it alone it was fine.

Scorpion 1.5 rockers

Champ 8 quart pan

10552 Oil pump
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Look at all those engines!!!

Any extra 700-800 inchers laying around you want track tested, I'm happy to help you out :D

3. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Impressive numbers for a small block without boost or nitrous

4. camaro71/holland

camaro71/holland Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Impressive numbers and quality work as always from you Carl, but don't understand the drama? You've built it, got the numbers, blue print specs and everything, so what would withold you from building another one?....

5. CNC BLOCKS

Oct 11, 2004
    NORTHEAST

I really don't do that many builds like that, I have plenty of blocks to machine and build a lot of circle track engines.

6. camaro71/holland

camaro71/holland Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Ok, got it. Maybe you've reached a point where your customer isn't the king any more....;)

7. CNC BLOCKS

Oct 11, 2004
    NORTHEAST

My customers are all Kings and Queens

8. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    That is a torque and hp curve to die for. Incredible numbers! You could make a fortune building these. Great build, congradulations! You have made your customer EXTREMELY happy. I would like one myself if I was 20 years younger.

9. 77 cruiser

77 cruiser Veteran Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Frostbite Falls MN
    What's age got to do with it.;) how old are you?

10. 2ndGenCrazy

2ndGenCrazy Veteran Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Upstate New York
    If you told people how small that cam was they would scratch their heads. The dyno numbers look valid with only a 3% correction. Did you dyno this yourself?
    That is a true street engine that would be "traction challenging" for sure!

CNC BLOCKS likes this.