40 x 60 shop build

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by Red70Camaro, Oct 24, 2013.

1. CJustin

CJustin Veteran Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Western pa
  2. Red70Camaro

Red70Camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Goshen,IN
    I've got a concrete question for you guys. They finished up today, and left before I got home, the overhead doors were open. Do I need to leave the doors open while the concrete is curing?

3. badboyrcg70

badboyrcg70 Veteran Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Reading, Pa
    Looks to me like its well on its way to being cured already.
    I would close it up to keep temps a little higher at least for the first 24hrs.
    Most would have kept it covered to let the hydration process cure the concrete. As it genereates its own during curing.

4. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2003
    Skiatook, Okla. 74070
    The slower it cures, the stronger it will be. Another question... How many guys did they have working on that?

5. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 16, 2007
    ( . Y . )Delco
    I would leave the doors open.My buddy shut his and the whole building sweated inside for two weeks.Everything got wet from it.

6. 1971SS

1971SS Veteran Member

Feb 5, 2011
    eastern NC
    This^...

7. cdorhout

cdorhout Veteran Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Des Moines, IA
    +2
    I heard of this happening in a new house, and it created mold.

8. Red70Camaro

Jan 1, 2007
    Goshen,IN
    There was 6

9. Red70Camaro

Jan 1, 2007
    Goshen,IN
    Update......Been awhile since I've posted. I've been working on gas/electric and finishing the inside. I forgot to take pictures of a lot of the progress, but did take a few recently.

I was able to tie into the gas/electric service from my house, which saved $$ instead of having to run separate service to the shop. Did have to trench almost 200 feet from the house to the shop.

Framed in the inside, then had the electricians run the wiring, then insulated the walls.

Once the insulation was up, I installed the wall and ceiling metal. Framed up a 8x16 office, used 2x6 and 2x8's for the office. I'm planning on putting a car up there!!

Finished up the wiring and lights, installed a radiant tube heater last weekend, just in time for the frigid cold we're getting. I still have to blow in the attic insulation, just waiting on the blower to come available, going to be R49 up there, 19" deep.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. sickfast1964

sickfast1964 Veteran Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Corinth, Tx