4-relay power windows - Do it!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Tokyo Torquer3, Nov 12, 2012.

1. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa

Here's a quick video of a customers' add of my auto down/up power window kits for his 84 K10. The same design works for the 2nd gens who have upgraded to the later style reverse polarity window motors.
    This guy just ran the leads to check the operation before mounting/routing it all for good. He was happy....just as fast as his new truck!

2. clay's70

clay's70 Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG]
    Is this the diagram that is missing from the first post?

Can express down be added to this?

CAMeeks likes this.
  3. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    I dont like that diagram. For one, the ORN (not red) power lead already comes from the fuse panel so no need to add another run. And, I dont want live relays in the console anyway with the key off like that diagram shows. I have my diagrams laid out on the harness boards I pull from. As for auto down, its a completely different diagram arrangement for use with stock motors and different still for use with updated reverse polarity motors. That diagram started off as a Corvette diagram (hence the RED power wire at the oem relay) not a 2nd gen. I recently seen somebody try posting that up on one of the 81-up trucks sites saying it works for all 73-87 trucks too and I had to explain why it does not work for them all lol.....this diagram is like the whore of power window relay diagrams....its all over the web but is not right in the majority of applications people may think it is.

It works for the basic, stock power windows but is not ideal.