4-relay power windows - Do it!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Tokyo Torquer3, Nov 12, 2012.

1. clay's70

clay's70 Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG]
    Is this the diagram that is missing from the first post?

Can express down be added to this?

CAMeeks likes this.
  2. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    I dont like that diagram. For one, the ORN (not red) power lead already comes from the fuse panel so no need to add another run. And, I dont want live relays in the console anyway with the key off like that diagram shows. I have my diagrams laid out on the harness boards I pull from. As for auto down, its a completely different diagram arrangement for use with stock motors and different still for use with updated reverse polarity motors. That diagram started off as a Corvette diagram (hence the RED power wire at the oem relay) not a 2nd gen. I recently seen somebody try posting that up on one of the 81-up trucks sites saying it works for all 73-87 trucks too and I had to explain why it does not work for them all lol.....this diagram is like the whore of power window relay diagrams....its all over the web but is not right in the majority of applications people may think it is.

It works for the basic, stock power windows but is not ideal.

3. junkyardZ28find

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    I’m still offering these kits if anybody is looking at upgrading to power windows using later model window lift motors-drop me a line if you have any questions!

4. csjrishere

csjrishere Veteran Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have your harness kit. What later model lift motors doe you use?

5. junkyardZ28find

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    Well the harness uses for example to motor that are included in the electric life or Nu-Relics conversion kits. Nu-Relics doesnt offer their hardware kit seperate from their harness whereas Electric Life (sold by Classic and others) do. I suggest that if people want more options than just a window harness to not use Nu-Relics since they dont offer a very good quality window harness-I’ve seen them and their quality is horrid. Hardware stuff is nice but their harness construction-not so much.

6. junkyardZ28find

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    If anybody is curious about these harness auto down/up kits keep in mind you aren’t limited to using stock type chrome plastic switches, you can use any kind of window switch-aftermarket, GM, even BMW. Each switch may have different latching methods-reverse polarity and normally open at rest, or closed at rest, etc. I’d need to know what type of switch or switches you want to use. Or, I’ve had customers send me their switches and I figure them out and incorporate them into my auto harness.

7. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Deer Park, TX
    Had him do my switches. Just waiting for the car now.