4-relay power windows - Do it!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Tokyo Torquer3, Nov 12, 2012.

1. BP80Z28

BP80Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Plymouth Mass

2. BP80Z28

BP80Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Plymouth Mass
    Special Thank you for Tokyo Tourqer for sending me his plans for this since Photobucket screwed up a lot of good threads here.

3. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    Yeah PB has a lot of my pics/photos over the years now too. Hopefully some members have install pics if my power window relay mods with auto down and up if using a later model window motor upgrade kit-I dont have any of my pics anymore-maybe I'll do a local install of one and post a step by step.

Attached Files:

4. junkyardZ28find

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    I have recently switched to micro style relays and bases for an even better fit under the console now for those who are thinking of going with a power window conversion or modding the factory setup. If you are doing the late model reverse polarity motor swap and would like auto down and up, there may be a wait since I've just started a GP on a few FB forums and the truck guys are all over these kits-I'll update if I begin to run low on my solid state relay inventory. Hopefully this answers a few PMs about the kits that I've received in the last couple of weeks-its been pretty busy with the truck guys needing stuff.

5. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    Russ came up with that, he's an admin at my place.
    One other thing is the grease over the years turns to glue. Cleaning the track is a good thing too.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    junkyardZ28find likes this.
  6. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Deer Park, TX
    Should have waited. Painter dragged his feet and just got started on the body.

7. junkyardZ28find

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    Did you order the stock type motor relay kit or my reverse polarity auto down/up harness?

8. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Deer Park, TX
    The reverse polarity with all the bells and whistles

9. junkyardZ28find

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    Nice! I'd like to see a video of it all working for ya once you get to that point. Make sure the window channels/guides allow for a dead-on alignment too-the solid state circuit by designs senses sudden/infinite resistance and shuts off....so when the glass is fully seated either up or down the module shuts off-well it can also shut off if the window gets in a bind during its travel-the circuit has no way of knowing if its stuck or if its 100% up or down.

10. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Deer Park, TX
    Will be a few more months. Hoping for the summer drive.