4-relay power windows - Do it!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Tokyo Torquer3, Nov 12, 2012.

1. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    Well the guy asked if I stocked them and while they aren't 2nd gen specific, since his was manual and not power to begin with, these will work-they are GM style after all.

2. dailycruiser81

dailycruiser81 Veteran Member

May 19, 2013
    ft lauderdale
    What is the pricing on these kits? I have an 81 with factory power.

3. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Deer Park, TX
    Mine was manual also. Can you pm me the info on the boots?

4. junkyardZ28find

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    Door boots are $45/pr shipped. The relay kits for 80-81 only differ from 70-79 at the fuse panel and don't require a switched IGN control relay-those relay kits are $209 shipped. If you want auto down it'd be $249 shipped.

5. Budjet drain

Budjet drain Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Wallisville TX
    Are you still making these harnesses?
    I have a 79 Z28 and will be rewiring the whole car. Currently don't have electric windows installed. Looking for recommendations on window motors OEM/Electric Life? Also need power locks, any sugestions?

6. junkyardZ28find

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    I have power window relay kit w/HD relay upgrade as well as auto down/up if you want that feature. I'd suggest Electric Life as they are the most compatible-and Nu-Relics kits make you buy their harness which by comparison is garbage and nobody else offers any kind of window upgrade anyway. As for power locks, have you looked at Spal?

7. Budjet drain

Budjet drain Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Wallisville TX
    Thanks for the advice. Looks like I will be ordering the Electric Life kit. If I also would like to order one of your harnesses with express up/down.
    As for the Spal lock actuators, will they mount in the factory location or will I need to drill additional holes in door?

8. Budjet drain

Budjet drain Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Wallisville TX
    JunkyardZ28find have you shipped my harness yet? Haven't received any tracking info, if you have.

9. BP80Z28

BP80Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Plymouth Mass
    Photobucket ruined everything. Now that I'm ready to do this. You can't see the pics. If any body has copies of this would be great.