4-relay power windows - Do it!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Tokyo Torquer3, Nov 12, 2012.

1. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    Pics of the harness kit as delivered...

[​IMG]

This is a complete harness upgrade for existing power windows-includes new switch connector, 4-cavity connector to join your existing leads from both window motors, an under dash chassis ground and a 2-cavity connector to use 2 of the 3 existing wires located within your OEM window relay connector. It is incredibly easy to integrate this harness-the most time consuming part will be accessing room under the dash and pulling the console to install the auto-down relay bank!

2. junkyardZ28find

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    Here are the added terminals and connectors needed for a factory style install...

[​IMG]

3. junkyardZ28find

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    [​IMG]

Here is the OEM power window relay-it is mounted above the steering column brace. The only 2 wires you'll need to re-use for my auto down relay upgrade is the PNK/blk (switched IGN) and ORN/blk (battery power). These you can either insert into my 2-cavity connector or, if you're are corroded or missing, I include 2 new terminals for you to crimp/solder.

4. junkyardZ28find

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    I also include a color coded installation diagram for use exclusively with my harness kit-I also make a slightly different version of this harness for use on 80-81 models too. If anybody is interested, PM me for details. I build when ordered since I also use these solid state modules on a variety of harnesses-typical lead time is a week.

5. junkyardZ28find

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    These are still available if anybody is thinking about upgrading and want to keep a stock-ish appearance. Auto down is still an option and if you opt to upgrade to a late model replacement motor/window track with a reverse polarity motor, then I can also integrate auto down AND up.

6. Tokyo Torquer3

Tokyo Torquer3 Veteran Member

Oct 14, 2003
    NJ
    It has been some years since I did this mod and I am still amazed today how fast the windows go up and do after living for years with the car with power windows that just creeped up with the stock wiring.

7. junkyardZ28find

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    I have a kit going to a member in australia so I built 3 kits while building his-this is what it consists of:

Auto down

HD relay conversion

Setup for late model reverse polarity motors which require a different switch

I've been building many variations of my kits.

8. junkyardZ28find

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    This version is a full kit with auto down, NEW late mode style switch and door grommets. This one is for use with newer style reverse polarity motors.

Attached Files:

9. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Deer Park, TX
    I wish I knew you had grommets.