30 x 40 pole barn...what would you do

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by Poorboy08, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Poorboy08

Poorboy08 New Member

Aug 7, 2014
    MD
    So what do you think, 2 post or 4 post?
    Where would you put it?
    Unfortunately I dont have 12ft high ceilings, they are only 9.5ft. I have a 2 car that our daily drivers sit in (04 Pilot and the Yota). The 91 GTA is currently non-running. I do keep my mower and some yard stuff in the pole barn.

[​IMG]

2. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2010
    erie, PA
  3. DENALI

DENALI Veteran Member

Nov 4, 1999
    Sonova Beach
    Lose the permanent lifts and go with a maxjax lift. Once you are done using it each post can be rolled out of the way.

4. Wadd2

Wadd2 Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Shelton, Nebraska
    With low ceiling, 2 post lift isn't gonna work anyway. I'm not sure what recommended height is for 4 post lift. Nice thing about the 4 post is you can store a car on it and park another under it so you don't lose floor space. 2 post you can still park a car in there you just have to move it any time you want to use the lift which is also true if you store a car on the 4 post. At any cost, if you can afford it, and make it work, get a lift! Now that I have a 2 post lift and can't believe I've worked on cars for 30 years without one. Makes oil changes, tire rotation, anything so much easier and actually enjoyable. Lol, sometimes I "find" reasons to put a car on the lift just to hang out in the shop.

5. z28cp

z28cp Veteran Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Bellevue, NE
    LOL. Exactly!! :cool:

6. Rbeckman

Rbeckman New Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Fenton, Michigan
    I have a 4 post lift and have a 10" ceiling and can park both my Camaro and Chevelle and still have over a foot room.....just remember to remove the antenna before lifting the car as I'm on my 3rd mast for the Chevelle.

See pictures here

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4084166/1972-chevrolet-camaro/

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015