2nd Gen Camaro Aluminum EFI Tank

Discussion in 'Sponsor, Vendors & New Products' started by DaveBoyd, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

Feb 16, 2012
    California
    Awesome to see a tank for the later year cars. Finally!! Does it come with the pump and sensor? What type of pump does it use?

How heavy is the tank? Does the aluminum hold up?

2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

options are right on their site, see the above link. you can buy with or w/o sender or aeromotive 340

3. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Montgomery, AL US
    In the picture is a rubber bumper model then I'd suspect 78-81 only since the filler neck is welded. I'm not sure of actual differences in necks. Possible change to filler hole for unleaded?

Great tank Boyd.

4. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Different lengths due to bumper changes. 78-81 is longer

5. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah they located the filler higher, I remember my 74 would spew gas out the back on hard launch if the cap wasn't on securely. Not sure if thats why GM moved the filler location but its a fair guess, along with the bumper redesign.

6. jb451

jb451 Veteran Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Mesquite, Texas
    I see you guys have the option to get one with or without a pump but if i choose not to get a pump (i already have a walbro pump), does it still come with the bracketry that holds the pump in place? What about the sender? It doesn't look like a factory sender would work because there are no locking tabs that the sender twists into, so do i have to buy a sender from y'all that only works with your tank?

All that being said, looks like a great product though! I love the fact that its a step between having to do the tank modification yourself or buying a $1k+ tank from ricks.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  7. stroked383

stroked383 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Saugerties, NY
    This is a sweet piece. Thanks for an EFI tank for us late 2nd gen guys.

8. DaveBoyd

DaveBoyd New Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Ocala, FL
    The Non EFI tank will not come with the Bracket, it will only come with a Block-off plate. I can work something out on the pricing if you only want the pump bracket.
    This tank accepts any Aftermarket fuel level sending unit that is 5 bolt pattern Which is very common. you can purchase from us and we will install for free or you can purchase from any supplier you choose and install yourself.

9. imercadoz28

imercadoz28 Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Kissimmee,Florida
    second Gen camaro aluminum tank

It does look like a very nice tank; :cool: Are you going to have it available for the 1970 camaro? possibly with 8an fittings

10. fun79Z28

fun79Z28 Veteran Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Richmond, MI
    Sump available?

Great looking tank....do you have any plans to make some with a sump? I will be running an electric fuel pump with a sump for my street/strip car, and would be interested if you offered such thing.