20" rear wheels

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by 214chevy, Jan 7, 2018.

1. 214chevy

214chevy New Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Also, if you recall in my first post, I stated I'd prefer 19's all around and only went for the 20" in the rear due to the price that I was getting them for. So, in that case, I figured I'd make the 20" work. Especially with the 2nd gen being a bigger car than the 1st gen. Well, now that I have a 1st gen, I have no choice but to go with the 19's all around. I've heard seen a few guys put 20's in the rear of a 1st gen, but I don't want to do that. One notable build that had a 20" on the rear recently was a 69 Camaro built by the Ring Brothers dubbed G-Code. The larger wheels aren't for everyone, but I like to at least see the wheel well filled up. That's just me. That's the great thing about this hobby...the differences. Some like stock, some like protouring. Other's like the totally custom look, but it's all good. The only thing I hate is the color red and that interior has to go in my convertible.

G-Code Camaro....

gcode2.jpg gcode3.jpg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  2. 214chevy

214chevy New Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Sorry that I didn't post these last night guys. When I got home from work, tended to the kids and went out to the garage to take these. I uploaded them and next thing I know I was rolling over at 2 am with the laptop still in my lap. Nonetheless, here are the pics of the rear window. Most of the leading edge that goes into the trunk is surface rust. The rot is actually the immediate edge that the window sits upon...where the black mark is. I assume that black mark is where the window glue or that sticky, black, tarry stuff was that held the windows in place and sealed them off back in the day. But, when replacing it, the part comes with the trunk piece as well and you'll have to replace the whole thing unless you would only cut the ledge off of your new part and only replace that. I took some pics of the rear speaker tray as well. It's all good...no rot there.

ugwD5da2QJidKkdB5GI7pg.jpg
    f TXzXl7KcSF2bvJON6QQfuw.jpg 8w69hoNCSDyn43ptF49mlQ.jpg 8SAPgFVmQfKEsmutTDa8bQ.jpg vr08zjTYQlW0PTki1YMTfA.jpg 6LO+g25kQcqKQ3%BfUV9Rg.jpg jUQ4PcRtQIqYr0a6nYO+Sw.jpg v1XXD8H7R2ygJviHujk+hg.jpg WW7AesNQR86O4ClodgQiug.jpg G8ZE%HwnQ12rnLR81KkULA.jpg

3. 214chevy

214chevy New Member

Jan 7, 2018
    The package tray is a relative cheap part as you can see...$80 on camarocentral.com.

fullsizeoutput_da8.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018