20" rear wheels

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by 214chevy, Jan 7, 2018.

1. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2008
    SF
    That’s a great idea
    19 in front and twenty in rear
    Can’t wait to see this unfold !

2. 214chevy

214chevy New Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Thanks...that's exactly it. The wheels are 19, fronts and 20, rears. Well, I bought the wheels and they're on the way to me as we speak. They are HRE 790R's. I really loved the 790R series which they stopped making around 2010. Coincidentally, I even called HRE a couple of weeks ago and asked if they dig deep into the archives and pull out the CAD software and make a set for me, even if it costs me a little more and they said no of course. Well, low and behold, I found these online with the exception of the 20" rear. I got such a good deal on them, I was like, WTF!! These are not my wheels, but this is a pic of the exact wheel I have on the way and mine are polished now, but I will send the back to HRE and duplicate them exactly like they are in this pic with matte charcoal centers and gloss black outer hoops. Let me know what y'all think.

790R.jpg
    790r 2.jpg

3. camaro71/holland

camaro71/holland Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Like the style very much, love the color combination. Too big for me, but why should you care. Looking forward to see them on your ride. Hope you will tuck them in nicely.

4. 214chevy

214chevy New Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Oh yeah...they'll be tucked real good with a nice stance.

5. 214chevy

214chevy New Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Pics of my exact wheels boxed up. According to FedEx tracking, they should be here Monday. I have to buy new hoops as I'm widening them and changing the offsets to suit my car and chassis. That's yet to be determined though. So, I'll sit on them for a while until I decide what I want to do. hre1.jpg hre2.jpg IMG_2281.JPG IMG_2283.JPG

6. camaro71/holland

camaro71/holland Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Wow, that's a lot of bling..... Good choice on new colors!

7. 214chevy

214chevy New Member

Jan 7, 2018
    My, my, my...what a difference a day makes. Just two weeks ago I was relishing over these wheels. I'm suddenly going in a different direction just that fast. So, I'll put these up for sale. Obviously not here as I see many guys don't run a 19/20 combo. But, I just hooked up with Shawn at Evod Industries that's gonna make me a one-off set of wheels. Ooooh weee....I can wait. Well, they'll be quite more expensive being a one-off design and that won't be right now. It'll take me about another year...maybe less to scrape up that kind of cash. I can wait since this is a project anyway. Besides, 10-12 months will fly by.

8. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    By chance... Is your name John? ;)
    (We have a member here who changed his wheels more often than his oil!!!)

Welcome to NastyZ! :D
    Good luck with your build.
    You've got some big plans and I hope everything turns out the way you want it!

9. 214chevy

214chevy New Member

Jan 7, 2018
    :):)....I've been known to change my mind a time or two. I've actually changed my mind totally. I just bought a 1st gen that I'll do first before I do the 2nd gen. That's even if I do the 2nd gen at all. I may sit on it for a while or I may sell it. I've got a buddy that's interested in it. Here's a sneak peek at the 1st gen I just bought this past weekend. I'm sure you all can see and understand why I bought this first gen from the pics.

%7wDlvxBRiGZn5JxKnyDcw.jpg fullsizeoutput_d74.jpeg xyGjWzPaSqOS%CFP489Mnw.jpg fullsizeoutput_d4d.jpeg V8VwFBDaS3mPFRT8unuoxQ.jpg vGERlsiDRvSL+yx3igH3MA.jpg crCrqdvoSXGSopNz5s8Olw.jpg P+gH57w9Qu61FCdbhhE0+g.jpg dZoQp260RBacR08STC6VeA.jpg