1st Car you owned - Post it

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Aceshigh, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Chuck 706

Chuck 706 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 15, 2003
    Hastings, NE USA
    My first was a 52 Ford PU in 1959 that I put a 54 Olds engine in. By trading this and that and doing odd jobs after school I finally had it running fairly good for less that $200 hard earned dollars. I broke horses to get it painted a year later.

It got me through high school and helped by paying it's way by week end racing. $10 to $20 at a time. Or sometimes just a tank of gas.

Yep, I'm an old fart.

2. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2012
    E'ville, IL
    57Plymouth: I LOVE it! Did it regenerate itself to the present condition or did you have to help it along?

3. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2012
    E'ville, IL
    Heres my first car. 1968 Pontiac LeMans, 350 .030 over w/factory 4 speed, fireball cam, Edelbrock 4-bbl, performer intake, Rhoads lifters, Mallory dual-point, zoom ztreeter clutch, GTO dual exhaust. It had "Pull-me-over" written all over it. I darn near lost my license several times in this car. Speeding, Improper starting of vehicle(burn-outs), illegal transportation, drag racing, DUI, attempting to elude the police, numerous warnings. I lucked out, played the system, and somehow kept my license. I was getting pulled over for something every few months as long as I owned that car. Two people that owned the car after me nearly lost thier licenses too!

Still, I have always regretted selling it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 57Plymouth

57Plymouth Veteran Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Blythewood, SC
    I had to do all the work. I'll also do all the work when I re-restore it in a few years and paint it any color except red. Big mistake.

5. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2012
    E'ville, IL
    Even though it not a '58, if you love it enough it should fix itself.