1st Car you owned - Post it

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Aceshigh, Dec 23, 2008.

1. OBX-Z28

OBX-Z28 New Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Kill Devil Hills,NC
    i was 16..... 1969 GTO..400/4bl holley 750, crane cam, thorley headers, th400, lime green. drank gas, ate motors like chicklets...... loved that ride. was lucky to have made it to my 17th birthday! learned alot about how posi-traction worked, really quick.

2. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 12, 2011
    atlanta, ga
    ah....the first ride lol
    A POS 1976 Chevy CHEVETTE Rally 1.6 L ;)

Awesome ride....4 speed, ADS 80watt power plate amp, pioneer stereo with TSX-8 boxes in the rear.....black windows, louvers. All of these upgrades were BEFORE I could drive it...... THEN i got my license.....
    Hooker header, dual exhaust (with glasspacks), keystone wheels, kamie front spoiler, ported/polished the head, removed the MONOjet carb for a 2barrel, swapped for automatic rearend (4.11 geared :eek:), cut 2 coils off front springs.....

man I mowed alot of f**** yards to buy/build that car......i'm tired just thinking..

3. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 12, 2011
    atlanta, ga
    here is the 2nd CHEVETTE......wow....a super hot rod....lol

specs: 231 cid Buick v6, wiend intake, holley 600 (;)), narrowed 9" 2.75 gear welded spiders (live n learn) th350, 6pt cage, 32" ladderbar/coilovers, alot of zipties, no oilpressure and always in FRONT of a mustang ;)

[​IMG]

4. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

Sep 12, 2009
    pottsville,pa.
    What color is that ?? it looks great

5. 81Z4ME

81Z4ME Veteran Member

Dec 1, 2000
    Chesterfield, VA, USA
    1976 Pontiac Astre. 2.3 liter with the 2 barrel GT engine and a 5 speed manual transmission. If I'd have had a car with a V8 I'd probably have gotten myself killed.

We raced through DC, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, oh, and Kentucky when we went to NCO school. That was an amazing little car. Folks just wouldn't believe it was a 4 cylinder till I opened up the hood. Handled good, stopped good, weak on acceleration but fast on the highway.

6. 1971zed

1971zed Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Retired in Ottawa Canada
    66 VW Bug.....no heater.
    Let me tell you air cooled engines that are placed in the back of a car don't produce a lot of heat and when there is no fan it makes for a cold Canadian winter.
    You had to leave the front vent windows open to keep the windshield from fogging up.
    But I had a blast learning how to drive a car that had all the weight in the rear and No weight in the front.
    So that means when driving on slippery winter roads it would always understear when entering a corner and overstear coming out of the corner. Great way to learn car control.

7. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

Jul 3, 2003
    Chebanse, IL USA
    [​IMG]

Mine had the 289 ci.

I could carry lots of honeys in that car.

8. ZCarr

ZCarr Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Central NJ
    1989 Plymouth Reliant K car. It was a powder blue station wagon with fake woodgrain interior. I went to a private high school with rich kids. It did not make me a popular.

9. FunBobby

FunBobby Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Simpsonville, SC
    I was pretty lucky - my first car (in 1983) was an 1980 Z28. White with the dark blue stripes. The reason I'm on this forum is because I just bought a project car - it's an 81 Camaro that started out life as a Sport Coupe, but I'm going to re-create the look of the car I had when I was 17.