1st Car you owned - Post it

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Aceshigh, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    Mine, bought off a Master At Arms in the Navy at my 2nd technical training school.
    I taught myself how to drive at 19 years old in Florida after I bought this boat.

1972 Olds Cutlass "S"
    Red , with original mags, and a black vinyl top, and spoiler.
    Blew up in La Grange Georgia 1993 and left for dead. RIP
    [​IMG]

2. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

no pics but it was a 1969 ford torino GT with a 351W that i bought for $1500 in 1978

not an actual pic of my first car but you get the idea

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  3. iregret

iregret Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Land of enlightenment.
    1980 Camaro

I just sold it 2 weeks ago for 400 bucks. Circle track car now. The guy is supposed to email me some pics when he's done with it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  4. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    You don't have to post YOUR exact car, just something close to it.

5. gregh

gregh Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG]

Not an actual pic of my car but it's the right year & color. Yup, a 72 Pinto, Bought it on my 16th Bday & drove it 48,000 miles before it got totaled by a drunk(rear ended me) 11 months later.
    I drove that thing everywhere, we used to play a game of car tag & it was not unusual to drive 500+ miles every weekend while playing.

6. iregret

iregret Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Land of enlightenment.
    Okay, so you put 48 THOUSAND miles on that car in 11 months? Did you ever stop to sleep? LOL

7. BB72R-Yes

BB72R-Yes Veteran Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Waynesburg Kentucky

I had same car in blue Aces. Bought it in 1979 when I was 15 Paid $400 for it. drove it for 2 years and sold it for $600. I drove it like I stole it and couldn't break it...LOL

8. gregh

gregh Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nope, didn't need much sleep then. I was either chasing girls or driving them somewhere, LOL.

I could fill the tank for $9 & that was good for a couple hundred miles, on a typical weekend, 3 tanks was normal.

9. 3origZlovers

3origZlovers Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 25, 2004
    Springfield,MO. USA
    1962 Mercury Comet..Beige 4 door..170Cubic inch in-line 6 with 4 bolt 13" wheels. Upgraded in summer of 1967 to 14 inch wheels, painted black with chrome lug nuts and chrome dust cap. Red wall tires and white letter (sort of) tires. I think I had E60 on the front and F60 on the rear and it was very close. Painted the grill black, added chrome hood pins, added an orange stripe over the front wheel well and down the side...topped off with a shiney chrome tailpipe tip and a Southwest MissouriState College sticker in the rear window...painted the engine bay black as well as the air cleaner. Finished off my "restoration" with a "Chevy Eater" license plate.
    It was my Dads car...after my "mods" he let me have it and went and bought him another.:) It was my senior year in high school afterall. Pics are prob. over at my Moms...maybe i can locate sometime...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pics (not of my old car) but you get the idea...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  10. Budz

Budz Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 17, 2002
    Ashburn, Va USA
    '70 SC Auto.......

[​IMG]