1dirtyz's '70 RS build project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 1dirtyz, Oct 2, 2011.

1. 1dirtyz

1dirtyz Veteran Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Riyadh , saudi arabia
    some progress to report ,,, I managed to finish the BOV deal :)

cut the hole :

[​IMG]

welded the flange :
    [​IMG]

finished product :
    [​IMG]

how's that for a quick update :p

I'm contemplating whether I should powder coat the charge pipes or just leave them as is ?
    I'm thinking powdercoating them black will make the engine compartment all dark and monotone , and the alum. gives it a bit more pop .

2. Turbo70Camaro

Turbo70Camaro Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    looking good man, i would keep all cold side pipes raw.

3. 1dirtyz

1dirtyz Veteran Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Riyadh , saudi arabia
    a bit more progress to report :

I messed around with the car last night , and managed to get the nose on there .
    I managed to learn to appreciate how much easier it is to work on modern cars when compared to something that is 47 years old ! you'd think this thing was designed by a sadist not an engineer :p
    putting most of the stuff back on the nose took me about 3 hours of work ! and its still not done!

anyhow , here is how it looks :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and here is how the intercooler looks through the grill :

[​IMG]

I still need to bolt everything up , I also need to install the bumper supports on the side, headlight bezels and park lights , and maybe install the front splitter.

after that I need to figure out what to do with the hood latch ; I bought a new one that is off a vw bug I guess, its been used before but I don't feel comfortable using it given how small it is . I saw a hood latch of a 70's chevelle and thought that might actually work nicely.

here is how it looks :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i'll mess with this idea a bit more since its the most practical, but for now i'll continue towards the back .

4. sprink

sprink Veteran Member

Apr 27, 2008
    ffx, va
    Nice job. Looking good.

5. 1dirtyz

1dirtyz Veteran Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Riyadh , saudi arabia
    more to report I guess :)

managed to finally install the headlights and park lights , as well as the air dam / chin spoiler thingy :

[​IMG]

also installed the front sway bar :

[​IMG]

and I finally got to install the AC dryer thing, I just need to plumb it now ( ignore the hard line :p ) :

[​IMG]

another thing I got to mess with was how to run the exhaust , I kind of have an idea of how to route it now and where to place the flex joints and v bands and where the waste gate will tie into , here is how I plan on running it on the passenger side :

[​IMG]

and while I had the car on the lift I was looking at the rear end how to go with swapping it and I noticed something ; the gap between the tire and the fender is not equal on both sides of the car ( used my fist as a reference ) :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now I just had both springs replaced to a set of lowering springs , and i'm sure the center bolt is not sheared and the axle cocked to one side . I also measured the center of where the diff site on the spring to the front spring eye and both sides are equal. so what is going on here ?? is this something common on these cars? should I be worried?

6. Turbo70Camaro

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Looks great bud.

Time to pull out tape measure.....................................................................and go crazy

7. 1dirtyz

1dirtyz Veteran Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Riyadh , saudi arabia
  8. 1dirtyz

1dirtyz Veteran Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Riyadh , saudi arabia
  9. 1dirtyz

1dirtyz Veteran Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Riyadh , saudi arabia
    :D back in business

10. Turbo70Camaro

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Are those Spek gauges if so badassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.