1981 Camaro

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Orange Beast 81, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Orange Beast 81

Orange Beast 81 New Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Ohio
    Hello,

My name is Shawn and I am a new member here. I own a 1981 Camaro that was a father son project back when I was in High school. I've done a complete frame off restoration including rust repair, engine rebuild, transmission swap, rear end rebuild, interior work, and body work. I have always searched for information on this form to help out with my project but never joined until now. I am currently a Student at the University of Cincinnati for Mechanical Engineering. This year is my senior year and for my senior capstone project i have decided to build my own set of control arms. These older cars have suspension set ups that do not allow for much caster. My goal is to build a set that will allow for more caster which will make the car perform better and handle safer. I know you can buy control arm set ups from summit racing but I want the challenge of making it myself. For those of you who have tubular control arms or are wanting to get control arms I need help. Could you answer a few survey questions that are required for my project that way i know what direction I need to go.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HHZ2XJX

I have posted a few pictures of my car when i started below and where it is currently. I will also post some pictures once i start construction of the control arms.
    124.JPG 150.JPG 087.JPG 054.JPG 034.JPG photo 5 (2).JPG photo 5 (3).JPG IMAG0487[1].jpg IMAG1054[1].jpg

Attached Files:

2. PalmbchZ28

PalmbchZ28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2017
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Welcome. Very nice ride. Haven't seen many Orange 81. I really like it. Mech Engineer ? Move to S. Florida...we have some really weak engineers here .

3. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Well welcome aboard. looks like its coming along nicely.

Attached Files: