1980 Z28 Convertible

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by indyzmike, Oct 24, 2007.

1. indyzmike

indyzmike Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Second coat of paint is done on the floor. Also been laying down on the job cleaning the bottom. Still have outside of the connectors to do. Real happy with the results so far.

[​IMG]

Now I have some speaker holes in front of the rear wheel wells to fix. Two big holes on each side.

2. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Wow, nice job on the underside. You really got it clean and have me motivated to get mine cleaned up.

3. indyzmike

indyzmike Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Thanks Hoppin, working on the underside is not fun but has to be done. I need a kick in the butt to finish cleaning.

Been working on repairing the hack job that was done cutting speaker holes in the inside rear corners.

[​IMG]

Had to cut out some metal to expose the damage done to the inside bracing. After welding the bracing back together, I had to patch the holes. Then a coat of paint to finish it off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. indyzmike

indyzmike Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Well, it is that time of year to put away my summer toys and gear up to work on the Camaro in the heated garage. I had a good summer and did partial restorations on 2 hovercrafts. I logged many miles on the Wisconsin River with my hovers and reached speeds up to 65mph. I have to sort out the stuff that collected in the garage over summer and get going on the car. My goal last winter was to get the subframe bolted in the car and weld the subframe connectors. That did not happen because I decided to paint the underside first. That did not happen either. That will be my starting point this year. Then comes front suspension, engine and trans install, and then dashboard assembly. I might even surprize myself and fire up the engine in spring.

5. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Waupaca WI
    Was wondering what you got side tracked on. Looking forward to seeing your progress this winter.

6. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    Makes you wonder what people are thinking when they do stuff like that.

7. indyzmike

indyzmike Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Thanks Bandit, as my history shows, you never know what is going to get done.

8. indyzmike

indyzmike Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Some people just don’t know any better.

9. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    I just got caught up on your thread, it's looking great so far. What hovercrafts were you using this summer? I've always been interested in them and ordered a catalog of plans from the back of Popular Science 35 years ago or so. Spent a few weeks dreaming about ordering a set and building one from the ground up.