1979 Z28 Black amd Orange

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Blk+Orange79Z28, Jun 15, 2016.

Where should I put my orange NastyZ28.com sticker?

1. Trunk Lid Inside

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Passanger Dash Pad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Glove Box Front

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Matt T

Matt T Veteran Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Pawtucket, RI, USA
    Pretty rare to see an in progress exterior with a beautiful interior. Most seem to go the other way around--nice paint and haven't gotten to the inside yet.

2. docs 79 z

docs 79 z New Member

May 2, 2016
    Gilbert Az.
    orange

Love the color choice!:confused:

3. NeoNeuro

NeoNeuro Veteran Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Panama City, FL
    Welcome. Ignore the know-it-alls. I started with the interior too. Well, trunk, then interior. I wanted to make progress and that was where I found the most opportunity. You work on what you can. The only right way is your way. Looking forward to watching your progress. (I should probably post some of mine.)

4. Blk+Orange79Z28

Blk+Orange79Z28 Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Eden Prairie, MN
    More Pictures :)

Wow, thank you all for your support. I'm so glad you guys like the interior. Since I'm waiting to get it painted (my dad has a buddy that is gonna do it for us) i went through my phone and found some more pictures to share. some of the original interior, some with the new interior that has the door panels on. And the engine bay as it sits now. (It did come with factory A/C, the system didn't work when i got it, i took everything out for now, might overhaul later on, doesn't get too hot here in MN, maybe someone has tips on overhauling the A/C) :)

I am taking the steering wheel apart to fix that darn tilt issue. have to replace upper bearing too while i'm at it ugh. weekend projects.
    I am thinking about getting that orange valve cover set, maybe, not sure though. :shy:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Look at my avatar and you'll see that orange is one of my favorite colors. With the interior looking like it does, a nice orange paint job would really make it look good. You could even put white T's on the door to finish it out.lol

6. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

May 6, 2012
    Federal Way, Washington
    No matter what people say .It your car and you build it the way and as you can afford it.Good luck on your build.

7. Blk+Orange79Z28

Blk+Orange79Z28 Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Eden Prairie, MN
    If anyone still checks this, I'm looking into a new engine. The stock just doesn't have the HP and the oil pan seal is leaking and I hear that you have to take the engine out to do that s I might as well put a new one in, for those that know a lot about these...would this engine fit? http://www.phoenixengine.com/Chevy-34.html
    Has anyone ever dealt with these guys before. Anyone have any tips? Should I keep the same tranny or get a new one? I did get it rebuilt recently but wondering if I should just get a new one. Any of your guys help would be greatly appreciated

8. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

May 6, 2012
    Federal Way, Washington
    It up to you.The Turbo 350 is a very good transmission.Put in a shift kit when and if you rebuild it .And as long as you keep up the maintenance ,it will run for a very long time.That way you can keep your original torque converter .or get one to match your engine combination,Then there are 4 speed auto. and 4 to 6 speed Manuel trannies as well. It all depends on what you want to do and your pocket book. Good luck on your build.

9. BrianMassie

BrianMassie Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Waynesboro, VA
    I'm a fan of orange and black Camaros as well. Finishing up dad's now. What shade are you going with?
    [​IMG]

10. seventy7camaro

seventy7camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm not sure if you can get that engine under a stock hood or not. You may want to consider that.