1979 TA Pro-Touring Build in progress

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Bad79, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Bad79

Bad79 Veteran Member

Jan 4, 2009
    sc

2. Bad79

Bad79 Veteran Member

Jan 4, 2009
    sc
    Thanks for the compliments. The rear seat delete is custom. I built a metal frame underneath and Custom Car Stereo in Charleston did the finish work, including skinning the door interiors with matching fabric and modding the dash for a double DIN stereo. One of the things I get the biggest kick out of is opening the trunk and doors with a key fob. The car has remote start capability as well but that is disabled due to the fact that I leave it in gear when parked.

3. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Vancouver, BC
    Very nice, thumbs up for the back seat!
    are the seat cushions stuffed or did you just fab a compartment and upholster it, looks like you did the side panels as well, anyway it looks great!

Bad79 likes this.
  4. dutch73camaro

dutch73camaro Veteran Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Beverwijk, Netherlands
    this thing is killer, i;m gonna follow it.

Bad79 likes this.
  5. Bad79

Bad79 Veteran Member

Jan 4, 2009
    sc
    I had a shop do the rear seat delete. I just welded a frame in to the height I wanted and they did the rest.

6. Tpichevy

Tpichevy Veteran Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Boise id
    Great build! Looking forward to seeing progress posts

7. Bad79

Bad79 Veteran Member

Jan 4, 2009
    sc
    Here are a few more recent pictures of the car now that it is on the road. I still have a few minor things to finish up such as a windshield wiper system, charging the AC, converting to EFI (currently in progress), and an Accusump, but overall is already a lot of fun to drive.

[​IMG]Untitled

[​IMG]Untitled

[​IMG]Untitled

[​IMG]Untitled

80sz likes this.
  8. J. Chris Davis

J. Chris Davis Veteran Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Dixon, IL USA
    Ya, that's a pretty BA TA.

9. Peck

Peck Veteran Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Tacoma,WA
    That car is gorgeous! The paint looks a mile deep and those deep dish snowflake wheels!

10. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Everytime I check your build I'm more impressed, it's just beautiful. I saw you mention your looking at going fuel injected. I'm not sure what motor your running but we just recently injected my Dads 455 in his GTO, with a similar set up to his I would think you's be able to get the shaker to still work. I'd have to check with my brother regarding what exactly they used but he has a port injected manifold where the throttle body sits in the same position as the carb would with similar dimensions. Originally dad wanted the stock air cleaner on it but after they figured out what a huge restriction is was they built a better flowing fresh air system. With only 500hp and massive torque the GTO is a blast and wants to burn tire at will, I can't even imagine how much fun yours is!

Bad79 likes this.