1979 camaro rear arm rest panel fitment in 1970 camaro

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by NOLAZACK, Dec 3, 2017.

1. NOLAZACK

NOLAZACK Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Greetings everyone. Will the rear arm rest panels from a 79 camaro fit in the 70 without modification? I believe the sail panels are different but will these work? I have a complete interior from a 79 camaro and my 70 camaro came with no interior.

Thanks in advance for the input!

2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    I believe they will fit just fine but the 70-71 lower panels have a rectangular pattern molded into them so they won’t be factory “correct” for a 70.

NOLAZACK likes this.
  3. NOLAZACK

NOLAZACK Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Thanks for the reply!! As much work as I am doing to the car, Factory correct is being thrown outta the window for functionality...lol. I have a complete 79 interior and my car came with none. Im gonna use it all. Except for the seats. Im gonna buy some of those Nissan 300ZX seats this weekend for more adjustability. I really appreciate all the insight you guys here have been giving me.

4. Capn Al

Capn Al New Member

Apr 18, 2017
    So please clue me in about the 300zx seats...My 70 isn't stock anyway, so is there a very good/accepted suggestion as to what fits, is comfortable, looks good, matches the rear seat, etc.????

5. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

May 21, 2014
    Hutto, TX
    NOLAZACK likes this.
  6. NOLAZACK

NOLAZACK Member

Feb 7, 2017
    This is an upgrade a lotta the guys here on Nasty Z have done. It gives more adjustability as far as reclining motion, etc. And it looks really good. Im keeping the factory rear buckets