1979 Camaro project issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & Diagnosis' started by Michael Neuman, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Michael Neuman

Michael Neuman New Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Anyone know what a shorter plug from the Delco R45ts? Noticed today one of the boots sits right up against the exhaust manifold and the boot is completely melted. Not sure if that’s the issue or just part of it but definitely going to fix this.

2. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Accel has a selection of "shorty" spark plugs.

3. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    When you say exhaust manifold, is this a stock manifold or do you have headers? If it's a stock manifold, it's not a plug issue.

4. Michael Neuman

Michael Neuman New Member

Oct 8, 2017
    No it has headers but I switched out the plugs and replaced the wires today and got it all cleared. But my fuel pump I checked again today. And I’m only getting 4 psi at the carburetor. And also the fuel tank is a top feed fuel tank. And from I understand these external Holley fuel pumps aren’t made to suck they are made to push so I’m not sure if that’s part of the issue. So I made need a new fuel pump. And if so would it be possible to install something on the bottom god the factory tank so it can gravity feed to the pump or would it be easier just buying a tank to replace the one there.