1978 Camaro SC electronic choke wiring

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & Diagnosis' started by Steven Brittain, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Steven Brittain

Steven Brittain New Member

Oct 3, 2017
    Curious as where the best place to run hot wire for edlebrock electronic choke. I got this car for my son and I on Saturday has crate engine in and choke was never hooked up also they didn't hookup the kickdown cable. Does the kickdown cable have adjustment to make it longer to connect to carb?
    Thank you for any help it's much appreciated.

2. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I am not familiar with hooking up the kick down cable as I have never owned an automatic. Google it or search on youtube...the answer is out there... You can pull the power for the electric choke from any switched source...key on, power on, key off power off....you can pull a wire through the firewall from the fuse box easily enough and then you don't have to splice or cut any wires under the hood.

Here is a good youtube video...it shows install and adjustment.....

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  3. flint9

flint9 Member

Jun 6, 2016
    st louis mo
    i hooked mine to wiper motor,electric choke

4. rchydzik

rchydzik Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Colbert, WA USA
  5. rchydzik

rchydzik Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Colbert, WA USA
    I found a picture of how I did it with the stock bracket. You might need an assortment of spacers, etc, to move stuff left or right.
    IMG_4838.jpg IMG_4840.jpg

6. Alan Burg

Alan Burg New Member

Aug 16, 2017
    There is a small adjustment that can extend the cable, go to youtube "How to install an edelbrock carburetor on chevy 350 engine", but this mat not be sufficient, you might have to purchase modified brackets. Jegs.com supplies all different types.

7. Alan Burg

Alan Burg New Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I just installed a new electric choke carb on my 78 camaro 350, edelbrock specifically recommends hooking the wire to your fuse box accessory. you can go to youtube for this as well, just search with keywords "edelbrock electric choke wire" or variations of this