1978 Camaro Restoration

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by CDesperado, Mar 16, 2012.

1. cpofraser

cpofraser New Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Winnnipeg, MB
    Thats the most badass hunk of junk ive ever seen.

2. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    LOL, I needed that laugh.

So... there has been progress made, but she is mainly just sitting under a car cover at the moment. I had a business problem about a year ago that caused some troubles.

But... I'm a glass half-full kind of guy. And the good news is, my company is about to launch a new software tool that we've spent the last two years or so building. I am trying to finalize the legal stuff, and patent stuff, and tie off loose ends... but we are very, very close. I've literally been working 70-80 hours a week for the past several months, trying to get things tied off so we can go to market.

I'll pull her out tomorrow morning and take some more recent pictures. All I really need to do is have the seats upholstered and take it for a final paint buff and I'm done.... money is just a little tight at the moment.

I did drive it around the block twice... using a bunch of pillows for a redneck seat!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  3. dirtdobber78

dirtdobber78 Veteran Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Well we are rooting for you...hope things go well and that you can get back on track.

4. 57Plymouth

57Plymouth Veteran Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Blythewood, SC
    I figured you had given up and crushed the car to make room for a Pinto wagon.

5. FunBobby

FunBobby Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Simpsonville, SC
    Good luck with everything! I know where you're coming from....1)because I know life does take some unexpected turns, and 2) because I've spent my entire adult life in software development :)

It will get there!