1978 Amplifier Assy

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by raceangle78, Dec 13, 2017.

1. raceangle78

raceangle78 New Member

Nov 28, 2017
    attached is a picture of a elec. equipment mounted on the top of the glove box. what does this piece of equipment do and is there a schematic on how it is wired in the car.

Attached Files:

2. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    I've never seen one like that. I suspect it is something aftermarket that a previous owner added.

3. raceangle78

raceangle78 New Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Ok, thanks. I will track down the connections see where it goes. I have the Nastyz28 wiring schematic and I am checking all wiring. There is a another piece of equipment also. Picture attached.

upload_2017-12-14_9-1-35.png

4. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
    That first part kind of looks like an ignition amp of some sort, not audio. Second part sure looks like an aftermarket add on.

5. raceangle78

raceangle78 New Member

Nov 28, 2017
    thank you. I have removed the dash and will be tracing the wiring / connections. This car was built in Jan. 30 in Calf. and shipped to Tokyo, Japan. This my daughter's first car in high school in 1996.

I will keep you posted as I have questions.

your help is appreciated.

6. raceangle78

raceangle78 New Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Item # 1 is connected to a 5 MPH buzzer then connected to the speedo cable on the transmission. Add on when received in Japan - by Stanley Electric Co. LTD

Item # 2 is the control piece for the electronic remote side mirrors on the outside of the car. Add on when received in Japan - by Stanley Electric Co.. LTD

Both have been removed from the car for noe.

Thanks for your help on this.

7. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    I don't know how or where you found that information but I find it interesting that cars exported to Japan had these extra features.

I never knew there were 2nd gen Camaros built with electronic side mirrors!

8. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois
    power side mirrors are cool!

9. raceangle78

raceangle78 New Member

Nov 28, 2017
    The car had remote (both) side mirrors on it when I purchased the car in 1996 for my daughter. I rebuilt in 2010 and removed the mirror because the motors need to be redone. I also have the build sheet that reflects built in Calif. and shipped to Japan.

Attached Files: