1977 Camaro with T-tops, is it rare?

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by gofastpat67, Jun 14, 2008.

1. gofastpat67

gofastpat67 New Member

May 8, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    I guess you didnt read the first line of the post. LOL
    Seriously though, thanks for all the compliments and info guys!

2. Pete77LT

Pete77LT Veteran Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Hacienda Heights, CA
    My 77 has the American T Tops also. Again, good luck with finding seals for them. I ended up making my own out of some scrap weatherstrip I had laying around. BTW, nice car.

3. cobrasnake302

cobrasnake302 New Member

Oct 22, 2006
    I know this thread is old, but has anyone out here found any more info on the american t-tops??? Websites, articles, replacment parts, etc. More close up pictures??? I have a a '71 Camaro with these tops on it, told it was aftermarket done in the late 70's, trying to get any/more info as I can about this. Here's a link to my car.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2408564

4. trauschu

trauschu Member

Dec 15, 2008
    South Central TX
    I'm going to bring this post back again. I've got a 77 T/A with the aftermarket American t-tops on it.

I need new weatherstripping, and just wondering if anyone else found out any info.

Like, if you had to make your own, did you start with new weatherstripping from a coupe car, and then modify it, or did you start with Hurst t-top type weatherstripping and modify it?

Any ideas/suggestions would be great!

5. kirbi69

kirbi69 Veteran Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Austin, Texas, USA
    i have a 77 with hurst hatch, i need some info too!

6. Rene Melten

Rene Melten Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Blind Bay, B.C.
    MR. FBDY, that car is simply fantastic!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  7. 77camarottop

77camarottop Veteran Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    old thread but i just bought a 77 with dealer ordered t tops installed by hurst in 2/77.

[​IMG]

8. ROUGHNECKS

ROUGHNECKS New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    California
    Any love left for American T-Tops?

Hey guys, any new info on American t-top weatherstripping? Anyone able to find any or make something that fits? I am attempting to remove my old weatherstripping, which is in okay shape, and put new sealant to fix the leaks. They won't last forever though and any mistake while removing will be devastating.

9. diablonut59

diablonut59 New Member

Aug 9, 2013
    detroit, michigan
    1977 Z28 Hurst t-tops Hatch

I have my 77 Z28 original black on black but missing engine and trans.. Oh well weren't too great anyways, LOL. So I have found a nice roof with glass panels complete. I really wanted to put them in and thought it would be way too cool to have a 77 Z with Hurst hatch tops. I'm not too concerned with values as much as I'd love to throw some schooling out there at local shows and in general cruises. There were lots of makes and models with t-tops in the mid 70's to early 80's not just the "Bandit" T/A's. I love my Trans Am and so does my son but we cringe at that title Bandit since we've loved them before the big craze! Either my 77 Z28 or my 76 T/A 455 numbers matching would be awesome candidates for this conversion. Now on the other hand my 76 T/A 455 I am concerned with the value since I want to sell her after some enjoyment. She's originally firethorn and red but I've always wanted a 76 L.E. just another schooling attempt at all the Bandit nuts or others that need reminding that there were black and gold trimmed out T/A's before a movie hit the screens. Any votes either way in my apirations?? LOL:confused:

10. MARO DAVE

MARO DAVE New Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I have a question..what is the difference between the American,hurst,and c,c....I just bought my 77 and I know they are factory... what is the difference between the three and the Rarity of them all and mine is original numbers matching motor with AC absolutely untouched