1977 Camaro Front end swap and cleaning up for paint.

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by demigodofa, Apr 18, 2017.

1. demigodofa

demigodofa Member

Sep 8, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Waiting on a few headlight pieces and then out for inspection.... Gave Caitlan her first bath and cleaned under the hood. One step closer... Oh, I wanted to mention I was going to pick up one of those foam pads you chuck up in a drill and it was on the shelf for $30! I went to the dollar store and bought these three brushes for $5, I'm going to cut them up and use them in my drill to clean up the Cragars.

Attached Files:

Twisted72 likes this.
  2. demigodofa

demigodofa Member

Sep 8, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Getting closer everyday!!

Twisted72 likes this.
  3. demigodofa

demigodofa Member

Sep 8, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Well I went down to the parts store yesterday and got the last of the fasteners I needed for the headlights. It's all together and ready for inspection.

Attached Files:

4. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    Looks good. That's what these cars are for!

5. demigodofa

demigodofa Member

Sep 8, 2016
    New Hampshire
    I posted one above.

6. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    I spoke too soon, then edited after I saw the Vid. Nice.... I miss doing stuff like that.

7. demigodofa

demigodofa Member

Sep 8, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Pretty fun, It's nice when all of the hard work pays off.

8. demigodofa

demigodofa Member

Sep 8, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Bought a 1st Gen. Bumper for $25 off Craigslist. I'm thinking of making a roll pan for below it and put it on the car, it would match the front end good I think. Somebody must have done this before. If anyone has any links etc. It would be appreciated. Otherwise I'll stumble through it on my own, lol.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  9. demigodofa

demigodofa Member

Sep 8, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Got the bumper off and held the 1st Gen. one up real quick. It's body curve is slightly outward on my car, will need to open up the bumper a bit I think. I'll take a closer look at it over the next few days.

Attached Files:

10. demigodofa

demigodofa Member

Sep 8, 2016
    New Hampshire
    started the bumper conversion, opened up the ends and tacked them in place. Looks good, but I'll need to make a lower roll pan to cover up boltholes etc. And I don't have time for that right now. So I tucked in the existing bumper but removing all of the brackets and leaf springs.... I think I heard the car say "Ahhhhh..." when I bolted the lightened bumper on.

Attached Files: