1974 Z-28 Build sheet locations?

Discussion in '1974 Specific' started by CROSSRAMJL8, Feb 23, 2017.

1. CROSSRAMJL8

CROSSRAMJL8 New Member

Sep 30, 2012
    TULSA
    I just purchased 2 1974 z-28's a white and a yellow. Is there a common place to look for a build sheet?

2. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    In the garbage can at the Norwood assembly plant ..... with all 74s being built in Ohio they're uncommon. Obviously above the gas tank . Under the rug , under the seats and rear searback .

3. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Emerald Isle , NC
    The 74 I owned in the 70' s, it appeared one day as I was driving , blowing around my ankles . Had really no idea what it was I was 16 years old. I stuffed it in the glovebox and it was sold with the car when I traded cars. Either it was under the seat or the dash. Seems to me the most reports I hear from 74 sheets found are under or behind the back seats . I d say when the cars were being prepped to be handed over tmthe customer or put in the showroom for sale Any loose garbage , non important paper was thrown out . Not sure how many people who bought new cars back then knew or cared about a build sheet.

4. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

Oct 3, 2013
    SK, Canada
    I've had 2-74 z28 Camaros. One that I've had for 33 years, which I've had the back seat out of but not the gas tank and no build sheet has shown up so for far. However, I got all the info I needed from vintage GM as it was a Norwood car, but sold new in Western Canada. The second one was a complete running car I bought for parts, stripped it down to nothing and no build sheet. So, FWIW, that's my story on build sheets.