1973 Z28 survivor

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Robin Letcher, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Robin Letcher

Robin Letcher New Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Hi everyone. New to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and my car. Was wanting help nailing down production numbers to get a good approximate number of cars produced with my options? 1973 Z28 4 gear. 51 yellow with black stripes, 785 hounds tooth interior, black carpet. I'm the Third owner, my father the 2nd. This car was built at Norwood 2nd week April. Has a rivited Fisher body Tag. This car is all original including the paint. Parts that have been replaced are battery, starter, tires, point replace with electronic ignition, coil,and plugs. All old parts I've kept. Dad's been bugging me to find out how many where built, I've told him there is no way to be sure due to Chevrolet not keeping record but I said I'd try to get a good idea. Does anyone have a good idea? Has anyone ever seen another survivor out there like this? This car was purchased new from Brooks Chevrolet Olds in Calgary, Alberta. Thanks for your replies.

2. 70ZED

70ZED Veteran Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta Canada
    Robin, you can order GM documents for this CDN car and you will have the production numbers with that. You can do this online. Great car, love the colors !

3. Robin Letcher

Robin Letcher New Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Really Dad would love that! Do you have a link to that site where you can do that? Just the VIN is needed? I have all the original records including the sales receipt and the build sheet! You in Calgary Still ZED? Dads in Rocky Mountain House and if your planning on going to any events with your 70 we might see you around.

4. 1971zed

1971zed Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Retired in Ottawa Canada
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    NOLAZACK likes this.
  5. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    Beautiful 73 Z, welcome to Nasty Z

6. Robin Letcher

Robin Letcher New Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Thanks Bodymanbilll. She has 74,000 original miles. All summer Hwy except a few gravel dive lanes. Ha one time when I was 7 we drove back to Rocket and there was about 25 miles of gravel we had to cross and my Dad was in 2nd gear the whole way. Took us some time for sure but that why she still in such good shape.

7. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    How about some engine pics ?