1973 Camaro Restoration/Build- Bein Bad

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 7/3-SplitRS, May 5, 2017.

1. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Waupaca WI
    Wow that was a mouthful - Lol

2. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

I have a lot more "toys" built into my car. I have tried different combinations Since 1985 .And this works for me .Other have others ,Its all depends on our life expirences.

3. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Waupaca WI
    Don't want to hijack this thread but how are you getting away with running 15lbs of boost with an 8:1 compression engine? according to Holley you should be pushing 15:1 give or take a bit adjusted compression. Also over-driving the smaller blowers really does not provide a gain in my opinion and others or at least at the higher rpm's.

4. 7/3-SplitRS

7/3-SplitRS Veteran Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Pecatonica IL
    I was under the expectation of about 7 to 9 lbs of boost would be all I would get out of that blower. I thought max rpms for the blower was like 15 or 16,000?

I am also surprised by your HP rating, was this dyno tested? Talking with the engine guy yesterday he says 550 is feasible with the correct parts. Forged internals. 383 cubic inches with similar heads as you have. Keeping it at no more than 9:1. But preferably just under.

5. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Welcome. Pecatonica huh? We're neighbors!
    Looks like a fun project, I'll look for it at Cars on Main in a couple months...lol

6. 7/3-SplitRS

Mar 26, 2014
    Pecatonica IL
    I will be there, but not too sure about the car LOL, maybe next year!

7. 7/3-SplitRS

Mar 26, 2014
    Pecatonica IL
    Not too much progress as of yet, plus a crazy storm came through last night and our entire town has tree's down and no power! I have some cleaning up to do when I get home today. Chance to run the saw anyway. Also been working on Pool wiring project that was never done from last year. family priorities first I guess lol! More to come hopefully this weekend.

8. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

I run a mixture of pump gas and race gas And I have a Crane HI-6TR .Plus I am not under boost all the time.And I drive it within it limits,

djorgensen3 likes this.
  9. 7/3-SplitRS

Mar 26, 2014
    Pecatonica IL
    Finally! A little bit of progress today!!! Pulled the drivers side fender. Now sitting here thinking of the best way to remove subframe. More importantly, I know I will be disassembling the subframe entirely, should I remove the springs while frame is still attached to car for added support, or just remove subframe and worry about that later. Also looks like fuel line, brake lines to master cylinder, steering shaft coupler. What am I missing?