1971z Sunflower Yellow w/ White Stripes

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by kiser71z, Dec 21, 2012.

1. 400guy

400guy Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Columbus,OH

1970 Z21 Style Trim - Includes body colored insert on door handles, bright window, body, sill and hood panel moldings plus bright accented parking lights, taillights and backup lights. (Included with Rally Sport option).

1970 Z22 Rally Sport - Includes special black painted grille with special rubber tipped vertical center bar and resilient body color grille frame; Independent LH and RH front bumpers replacing full width bumper; license plate bracket mounted below RH bumper; parking lights with bright accents mounted on grille panel; Hide-a-Way windshield wipers with black-chrome finished arms and articulated left hand blade; bright window, hood panel and body sill moldings; body colored insert on door handles; RS emblem on steering wheel; Rally Sport front fender nameplates; bright accented taillights and back-up lights. (RS emblems deleted with SS or Z28 option).

:bowtie:

2. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    all camaros got the lower rocker molding as standard equipment . the first camaro to not get the lower rocker molding was the 73 Type LT . it did ( Type LT ) get a bead molding that followed the lower body line

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  3. kiser71z

kiser71z Member

Feb 14, 2011
    York, PA
    I'm now about a month away from my car getting painted. My builder provided me with some sprayouts of the two paint schemes being considered since it was hard to decided based on just one picture. What does everyone think?

Side by side

[​IMG]

Sunflower Yellow with White Stripes

[​IMG]

Sunflower Yellow with Black Stripes

[​IMG]

4. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Vineland N.J USA
    I'm for the black stripes.

5. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    the black is like a bumble bee . im a white fan . a contributing factor is interior color . what color is it ? i think i see 779 which is dark saddle ?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  6. kiser71z

kiser71z Member

Feb 14, 2011
    York, PA
    The interior is dark saddle.

7. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    Do the white.
    It looks nice.
    It's different than most.
    It's correct for the car.

And all this is coming from a guy with a bunch of yellow cars with black stripping. ;)

8. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Montgomery, AL US
    Keep it factory with as nice as your cowl panel is. Everyone will be saying is that original or most likely they should be black. Dare to be different and keep it white.

9. al8apex

al8apex Veteran Member

Mar 11, 2005
    scottsdale, az
    not my car, but I would go with the original, it will look "right" with the interior as well PLUS all your documentation AND your trim tag say to go white too ...