1971z Sunflower Yellow w/ White Stripes

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by kiser71z, Dec 21, 2012.

1. DanazCamaroz28

DanazCamaroz28 Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Bethesda, Maryland
    The Stereo Stripes were always meant to be Black with just one exception - White Stripes on a Black Car. Don't boger it up with white stripes. Mine is a Classic Copper with Black vinyl and of course Black Stripes -demands attention wherever she goes!

2. al8apex

al8apex Veteran Member

Mar 11, 2005
    scottsdale, az
    not sure where that info came from, but white stripes came on LOTS of cars / colors and on some colors the stripes were optional or keyed to the color (light or dark) of the interior or if equipped, the vinyl roof color of the car. That is the case of the white stripes on the yellow car. It is NOT a "boger (sic)" ... the subject car had the white stripes, and it has the GM documentation stating such.

and speaking of classic copper, here is a CC with white stripes: http://www.1970z28camaro.com/

here is a preview pic:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  3. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    nothing says "im here" like a white top and tails ... [​IMG]

4. DanazCamaroz28

DanazCamaroz28 Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Yes - As an extreme fan of the second generation Camaros I can certainly appreciate the white striped versions and believe me I do. My bad on my previous post that "All were meant to be Black Striped" as this remark was meant to be a statement of personal preference and certainly not a FACT for the family of Camaro restorers. To each their own and I especially love to see the Classic Copper cars like mine white or black striped (twozs - your "white top/tails" is stunning) I will need to be more careful of my future posts. Happy Holidays everyone!

5. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    na , we need a little controversy . its all good , HH to you to !

6. Z27LS3

Z27LS3 Veteran Member

Nov 12, 2007
    wyoming
  7. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    I'll take that color any day. Wow, that gives me a woody. White or black stripes. I have never seen one in person in this color. Too bad the lower molding is missing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  8. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2003
    Skiatook, Okla. 74070
  9. al8apex

al8apex Veteran Member

Mar 11, 2005
    scottsdale, az
    The RS cars do not have the lower molding ... IIRC

edit: my bad ... I remembered incorrectly ...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012