1971 z28 rs ebay sothern cali Anyone know it

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by johnsjmc, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Adams

Adams Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The best thing to do right now is file a complaint with the California Attorney Generals office. After doing so call this guy, fax him your complaint and tell him your next recourse will be to call the local police next to file a fraud complaint. I think you can use a couple of the responses here if succinctly written to document the misrepresentations (original motor block/heads, etc.) and provide the police (and attorney general) any previous email correspondence.
    Honestly I would have offered the guy like $12,500 when this came to light before getting cross-wired with him. Even if you settle at $15K I think you would be getting a nice car at not a terribly bad price.

2. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    All fine except after seeing that video I'd have no confidence in the way the car was built, maintained, modified and driven. $12,500 might be in line even given all of that but $15K is too much given what we now know.

3. johnsjmc

johnsjmc New Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Canada, Florida
    Ebay called me a few minutes ago. Because I only sent part payment paypal won,t reimburse BUT Ebay says they can force him to refund the deposit. Since it wasn,t noted on the listing that the deposit was not refundable. It might get me bad feedback from the seller as a non paying bidder but that doesn,t bother me in the least in this situation

4. johnsjmc

johnsjmc New Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Canada, Florida
    As far as what the car is worth ????? Who knows what has been modified or missing. $12500 I,d take it, $15k I,m unsure. I asked him what pistons were in it and he said flat tops . Which ones (2 valve reliefs forged ,hypo,cast? ) Answer can,t remember. Who built the motor? Him by following a magazine article or a machine shop? I was being snotty at that point and don,t remember his answer.

5. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    There's too much BS coming form the guys mouth. I wouldn't believe a word he says. Get the deposit back and look elsewhere. You may end up with a bag of worms if you buy it.

6. johnsjmc

johnsjmc New Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Canada, Florida
    I,m not interested in buying it. All these comments I,m posting were various things he told me during the time I kept asking for proof of "block and head" numbers.
    He kept trying to convince me it was such a good car BUT kept avoiding my original question about authenticity.
    The pics I have do show a fairly nice car but it DOES NOT have the original motor. I can,t say for sure anything original it does have.

7. Billohio

Billohio New Member

Feb 24, 2012
    ohio
    A few years ago(hopefully better now ) I had something similar happen with a set of wheels. They were junk and misrepresented. Returned and no refund. I won ebay case and they were going to take money out of his account. Never any money there and he gotOp kicked off for something else. Called attorney general in his state and they were no help.

8. Bikefixr

Bikefixr Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Dunno what Kalifornia is like, here in NJ if you buy a car you have 72 hrs to change your mind for ANY reason and all $ must be refunded. No kiddie games of changing boundaries and rules.

If you go through with the deal, file a suit in court claiming the fraud and misrepresentation. He promised X, delivered Y. It's pretty simple.

9. johnsjmc

johnsjmc New Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Canada, Florida
    Sure it sounds simple BUT I am at my house in Florida. The car and seller is from California and I am a permanent resident of Canada .I am only here to enjoy the weather and spend my money. I don,t want to go to court in Cali or anywhere else for that matter.
    Ebay insurance told me "They can,t force him to refund but he will never buy or sell on ebay again if he doesn,t refund. I am pretty sure ebay man said if he doesn,t refund they will cover it. They said I should see my money in 30 days or less.
    I,ll be sure to refer to this thread in my feedback for the guy.

10. biendog

biendog Veteran Member

Oct 8, 2011
    bellville,tx
    Hey,Did you ever get anything settled with your ebay issues??