1971 Z28 in Michigan

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by 70camarodude, Jan 17, 2018.

1. 70camarodude

70camarodude Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Plymouth, Michigan
  2. Cooldawg

Cooldawg Veteran Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Angola, IN
    Real or not, an absolute shame it has been left to rot outdoors.

3. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    Grill is a 73 I think.
    It is a shame it was left to rot.
    May not be as bad as it first looks. Looks like a piss poor paint job that is coming off in sheets. Rust in all the usual spots but maybe there is some structure left. Worth a look. If it has the original drivetrain intact, well worth the asking price.
    Assume it has a clean title?

4. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    I would pass if the floors and 'knees' in the rear unibody frame rails are gone. Easy to get buried in the resto.

5. 70lt1z28

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    Too easy to turn it into George Washington's axe.

6. Cooldawg

Cooldawg Veteran Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Angola, IN
    If the car is too far gone, told seller I'd be interested in the "CGP" SBC and original tranny if they're still in it.

VINs wouldn't match, of course, but at least it would be suffix/ cast/ period correct for my car.

But I'm still hopeful I can get my hands on the original equipment.

zfool likes this.
  7. camarozbest

camarozbest Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Michigan
    I've looked at the car, it does have the original drive train (missing original carb and air cleaner) quarters are gone both frame rails are rotted, trunk pan rotted, doors are good, fenders are bad, hood had hood pins put in. Tail pan is gone. the floors them self were so so but passenger side was gone at the front mount. Its too bad he wouldn't have at least had it a couple of feet off the ground it might have been in better shape the underneath was just packed full of leaves. I offered him 5K but he wouldn't take it.

8. wiseryder

wiseryder Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 11, 2004
    belding,mi USA
    He's likely to have it awhile, imo

9. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2014
    grand prairie tx.
    Sounds like that car is too far gone to save. Probably not even worth parting it out. If you planned on saving it you would have more money and time invested into it than what it’s value would be.

10. 70lt1z28

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    There may be a few hard to find pieces of the original drivetrain (if they are still there in decent shape) that may be worth something, but otherwise this one sounds like a goner. Pick it up for a few k and part it out and you will make a few bucks maybe.