1970 Z28 What would you pay?

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by blown32, Feb 16, 2018.

1. blown32

blown32 New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Prescott, Az
    Whats it worth, I've been watching this car for a few years now. This is what I know, I have not gone to physically look at the car. 1970 Z28, SS model, 2 owner car, right front fender was replaced in 1973, all other body panels are original. Norwood cowl tag, Original paint, 4 speed M-22, CTB NUMBERS matching.40,000 miles, In need of complete paint job, and interior cosmetics. Owner can't find the POP, said the cars never been apart, build sheet could still be present, 4:10 rear end.

Attached Files:

• 595.jpeg
      595.jpeg
      File size:
      63.2 KB
      Views:
  2. ronzz572

ronzz572 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 8, 2007
    imperial pa
    Looks like a nice car. Full bumper. Non rally sport. Classic copper paint. Probable standard saddle interior. If all the original parts are on the engine and complete running driving car. No rust, Also 4 speed matters. They trend to get more money. I would say lower mid $20s. Resale price. Just my opinion based on what I read and 1 picture. But as a rule of thumb I tell people a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for.

3. jbloake

jbloake Veteran Member

May 1, 2002
    NS Canada
    IMO ,The hood stripes don't have factory shape ?? Fender emblem looks very low ? Argent grill ? You would really need to look it over good !

4. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    The price point is high enough that I would be inclined to either educate myself well enough or find someone with good knowledge of these cars to go over it pretty well for what is truly original. It also depends greatly on your expectations and desires for this car. A driver original car? A matching numbers Legends level show car? Where you go with this makes a big difference on the "core" car.

5. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

Mar 25, 2010
    marietta ohio
    The first thing I noticed was stripes are off, then no right side mirror. Missing a Center cap but that is minor. Look for floor mounted gas pedal, duel snorkel air cleaner. HD cooling system, correct intake and carb. Also 12 bolt rear and the bigger sway bars. It should say Z28 on the vin tag also. It should also have gauge package with 8000 rpm tach if I am not mistaken.

6. restore-z28

restore-z28 Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Vancouver, BC
    Suggest more pics of the engine bay, interior and stampings. Prices can very much vary on these cars and all depends what parts are missing, Ron is probably not far off with his estimate given only the one pic posted. Looks to be a cool car though, post more pics and best of luck closing the deal.

What is the asking price?

7. blown32

blown32 New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Prescott, Az
    Wow....great catch on the stripes and emblem, they are definitely wrong! Thank you!

8. blown32

blown32 New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Prescott, Az
    I would say Ron is spot on! It's priced at 24,000

9. restore-z28

restore-z28 Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Vancouver, BC
    If the car is what you say it is that is a good deal...$24K is not bad, if you want to take this to the finish line and fix the stripes etc that will also cost. Did you have more pics you could post, would suggest not posting the VIN or too many details of the cars whereabouts, just saying ;)

10. blown32

blown32 New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Prescott, Az
    More pictures....Thank you for everyone's input!

Attached Files: