1970 Z28 Van Nuys Built

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by camarozbest, Jan 15, 2018.

1. camarozbest

camarozbest Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Michigan
    Hello everyone
    Its been awhile since I've been on or posted anything on this site, My question, Is there anyway to tell from the trim tag if the car came with stripes or not. and has there been any break through on decoding the numbers at the bottom of the tag yet.

2. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    The Van Nuys tag doesn't show the stripes on a Z28. As far as anybody knows, the numbers on the bottom of the tag have only a date and sequence number for production of the car. They follow a sequential pattern that aligns with build time of year.

3. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    As Gary mentioned, Van Nuys tags won't tell you much. Not sure if you've searched but a very high percentage of the Van Nuys cars had 1 or more build sheets, providing someone hasn't removed it yet. Common locations are on top of the gas tank, seat cushions and just about anywhere else possible! Even behind door panels, interior panels and engine compartment.

4. camarozbest

camarozbest Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Michigan
    Thanks Gary and Scott, I appreciate the feed back.

5. Z28Dave70

Z28Dave70 Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Amity Oregon
    I have a Van Nuys car and I found a build sheet under the drivers seat, between the foam and springs. Also under the shell on the back of the front driver's seat and sandwitched inbetween the gas tank and trunk pan.