1970 Z28 In Colorado

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by skywalker, Dec 5, 2014.

1. skywalker

skywalker Veteran Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Colorado
    http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=24388

Considering selling old blue. Had her for well over 30 plus years. Please post your honest opinions so I can get a feel for my car. Appraised about nine months ago. I'm thinking about $32,000 for this beautiful Z28. This is a two motor car. The birth motor/tranny when pulled, matching number are in my garage and of course go with the car. The motor has not been decked, the motor on left rear also has the matching numbers that are also on the protecto plate. I never new this but Bob, the appraiser pointed that out. The 1969 GMC, 350 4 bolt main, 1971 turbo 400 are in the car and runs great and low miles on that. The numbers on the trans are also broken down for the Jun build date and you can rest assured this is the real deal, true Z28.

NOTE: I want you to know this true Z28 was special ordered for a girl and she is automatic on the column shift. I have seen one other then mine.... it was identical in everyway and sold on eBay about 8 or so years ago. I don't know how low production numbers were, but I'd love to be able to validate just how many. As well, this Z28 has never been wrecked in any way. She has never had a front end alignment and does not need one. Drives like a dream. How rare to have owned this car for this long and no wrecks. She was my daily driver up till I joined the Air Force in 1987.

This car has been on several occasions, by invite only to a very prestigious car meet with some of the finest cars in the country. Enjoy the slide show. Old blue is in there many times and is currently on Pg 211, 219, 235, 236, 237, 325, 434. We were in the company of royalty! I have noticed the page numbers continue to change even since last night. So, going through the entire show is a must to see all the cars anyway.

http://public.fotki.com/wackydave/car_shows/car-shows-2012/duh-event/092212-duh-event-14.html Just above the slide selection area, you can pick thumbnails or roll. That may be better option as next slide, at times even on my high speed a slow process. Just trying to help as I know all of you will enjoy this slide show very much.

New link to photo's of the undercarriage.... photobucket. http://s225.photobucket.com/user/porterfm/library/?sort=3&page=1

Thoughts and or questions please. :bowtie:

1970 Z28 CODES

REAR DIFF = C 00 E 0602G2 00=410 Ring Gear, G=Detroit Built
    E=POSI, 06=Jun Build

ST7012487 NOR 316660 BDY
    705 26 26 PNT
    06B

VIN: 124870N559175

70W 506
    then stamped below is CW 70 3935

which is :

70 model year
    W engine code trans was to be mated with (ex. 69X = 1969RS Camaro, x=ZL1 eng.)
    506 is Julian date when trans made= (1/1/70 = 366, so 506-366 = 140; 04/20/1970; 20th April, 1970)
    the 3935 is sequential production number from plant on assembly line. So they know which car they put this in - three thousandth, nine hundredth, thirty-fifth)

Car still has original matching rear end and original doors, floor pans and trunk pan. GM quarters and fenders to include hood. Rear spoiler original along with front upper and lower valance panels.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    Daverd likes this.
  2. Itsadryheat79

Itsadryheat79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Very nice looking car - wow me likes!!
    [​IMG]

3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    Too bad your not a gold member, some of those pics would have made it on the calendar. I love the car too but would have to pass on it if I was shopping because of the automatic trans.

4. skywalker

skywalker Veteran Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Colorado
    Thanks much Itsadryheat. The car is extremely nice. Just happy to share it here on Nasty and glad to see there are some activity at least. Pass the info around out there in your neighborhood and see if anyone would like to own her. :bowtie:

5. skywalker

skywalker Veteran Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Colorado
    Thank you COPO. It would be nice to be on the calendar for sure. I realize that the Muncie's were a more desirable choice. However, I would think they although any 1970 Z28 is hard to come by are what I consider common. Having a non RS, just a simple in it's original configuration full bumper, console delete, is a "RARE" one to find out of all available.

6. skywalker

skywalker Veteran Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Colorado
    If I was a gold member could I upload my high res images? I have some of the underside that I'd like to share. Guess I could create an account on some free online picture sharing site. Any suggestions on best sites to upload to?

7. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    I use http://photobucket.com/ for pics otherwise it's on my web page.

BTW, your 70 Z28 is the 2nd I've ever seen with auto on the column.

8. skywalker

skywalker Veteran Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Colorado
  9. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Rockledge, Florida
    Nice looking car. What parts were replaced when it was restored?

10. skywalker

skywalker Veteran Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Colorado
    FlaJunkie, when I took the car down in 1987. I at that time had access to all original GM parts. Front fenders, hood, two quarters and only used the lower portion. Welded them or my friend "Tim" whom worked for BMW in Knoxville TN welded them, just at the lip above the wells. The top portion of the quarters was good. That was a very sturdy place to join them and you can't see a seam outside or inside trunk. The bottom rear valance was replaced as well. Also the radiator support had the normal rust on lower portion. The front spoiler was original until it cracked this past summer. I should have had it fixed but put a new OER on her. Floors/trunk/frame all solid. These parts were all not really necessary as the rust was minimal, but wanted it new.